Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2012 JKU. Just swapped out the stock wiper blades with Bosch ones. Here is where it gets weird... When we looked up the replacement size it came up as a special order double blade wiper. I've only ever had one blade but Autozones computer is insisting It should have come with two. Now I'm curious if their computer is wrong or the dealership swapped out the blades for cheaper ones when I bought it. What kind of blades are you with 2012s seeing?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I don't understand your situation, but I believe that Bosch only come in 16", meaning close in size to a 15, which do fit JK's even though they're not listed to fit. Any 16" will fit a JK windshield. If you have Bosch you should have 16" blades. I've had Bosch Evolution 16" blades on since my 10 was new that I put on. Replacement blades for JK's are 15". You won't find 16" blades listed for a JK. They do fit, it just won't be in any parts store, dealer or on-line listing. JK's come from the factory with 15" blades and dealers will replace them with 15" blades. If you don't have the 16" on, put them on. If you do, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
It just means a single wiper arm and blade with a double edge on it. You aren't missing anything and nothing has been stolen.

If ever in doubt about what the Autozone computer is telling you there is a 99.9% chance the computer is where the mistake is at.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oilwell1415 said:
It just means a single wiper arm and blade with a double edge on it. You aren't missing anything and nothing has been stolen.

If ever in doubt about what the Autozone computer is telling you there is a 99.9% chance the computer is where the mistake is at.
Thanks. I mean it wouldn't have been a big deal it was the idea of it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Funny, I was just at AutoZone today looking at wiper blades and in the Bosch catalog it lists 15" fit the Icon and 16" for the slightly less expensive Evolution wipers.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Funny, I was just at AutoZone today looking at wiper blades and in the Bosch catalog it lists 15" fit the Icon and 16" for the slightly less expensive Evolution wipers.
That's great that they're making them. I like having the 16" blades installed. Better coverage and they fit perfect. I've had the Evolution on for 2yrs. with no problems. I just changed them since it was 2 yrs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put on the Bosch Icon 15 inch. They look great on the jeep and work very well so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts