Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped my jeep of to have some work done. It was there for three days. The work preformed was a water pump and throw out bearing replacement.

When I picked it up it had an exhaust ratttle and I noticed it pulls to the right when I accelerate. I'm not sure if these are related or just coincidental to the issue at hand, but figured they are worth mentioning based on what I think may have happened.

So I decided to do the bolt change out on the track bars and lower control arms and that's when I really noticed some telltale signs of somebody jumping the jeep:

First thing I noticed was the imprint of treads in the sleeve of the axle side track bar and the frame side bolt hole has been ovaled out (I didn't get a picture of the oval ing out frame mount rescue bar bracket).

The steering stabilizer (that i just put on recently and had not wheeled since install) boot was torn and the retainer lip to hold it was bent over. Then my buddy and I were trying to future where the contact occurred and I saw yellow OME paint smashed into the frame! Also there was an area of bare metal scrapped clean of paint from an unknown object. After further investigation it looks as though the welded flag on the nut for the axle side track bar bolt was the culprit.

Then I started checking the bump stops and every bump stop has been in contact with the axle pad (or whatever it's called). I am unsure whether the thread imprint on the sleeve and the ovaled out frame mount bolt hole (both of which are toward the outside of vehicle) are from the possible jeep jump or just from the issue of the fully threaded bolts that have been reported. I have no lift and have wheedled two medium trails, and the few high speed dirt roads etc, and the 20,000 miles I have are not enough to have caused this in my humble opinion.

Also note the steering stabilizer high mount bracket hole and the axle hole- they don't line up. When I mounted it, the holes lined up. That's how hard the impact was from the frame to the steering stabilizer and bracket!

Check out the pictures and tell me your thoughts please. Thanks.

I am awaiting a call from the service manager from the dealership today.

image-3757625307.jpg

image-3658537891.jpg

image-1086384988.jpg

image-2808771167.jpg

image-2669020826.jpg

image-3644388736.jpg

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
holy crap. you better lawyer up immediately.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like you've got some legit concerns. Unless the service manager wants to admit they took your Jeep out for some play time, your gonna have an uphill battle trying to prove it.
I hope you keep this updated with what happens. Should be very interesting.

*biggie size* :pop:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jkelley199 said:
Sounds like you've got some legit concerns. Unless the service manager wants to admit they took your Jeep out for some play time, your gonna have an uphill battle trying to prove it.

Agreed

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
= Service techs made an impulse wheeling trip with your rig.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Agree--nobody is going to admit to this. You can ask, but I'd assume you're going to have to establish this as true.

What year was the jeep? Had it been to this dealer before? Do you have any evidence that none of these problems existed before you dropped it off? Has anyone other than you worked on the jeep who could affirmatively state that it had none of these problems XYZ number of weeks ago?

Unless the dealer is willing to own up, I think a lawyer is going to be needed here. (Assuming of course that this isn't damage YOU did . . . :rofl: )

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Agree--nobody is going to admit to this. You can ask, but I'd assume you're going to have to establish this as true.

What year was the jeep? Had it been to this dealer before? Do you have any evidence that none of these problems existed before you dropped it off? Has anyone other than you worked on the jeep who could affirmatively state that it had none of these problems XYZ number of weeks ago?

Unless the dealer is willing to own up, I think a lawyer is going to be needed here. (Assuming of course that this isn't damage YOU did . . . :rofl: )
Oh this could be as good as the "my jeep doesn't work right" after doing burnouts thread.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
Yeah you really have an uphill battle with this one. Can you name the Dealer or is that a no no?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just go in there and lay the smack down. Start yelling in the show room with other customers in there yelling about the service and what they did to your jeep and they will want to do sothing for you in fear of loosing customers. That's what I usually do

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Oh this could be as good as the "my jeep doesn't work right" after doing burnouts thread.
New Thread:

Title: The Dealer Destroyed my Jeep!!

Text: So I took my jeep wheeling last weekend and jumped it off several cliffs. Nothing big. Only had two rollovers and one airbag deployment. And only one complete submersion, though it wasn't for longer than an hour. I then had it towed to my dealer to put some air in the tires. I tried to pick it up today, but NOW NOTHING WORKS!! It won't even start and it's all banged up. I think the techs may have done something with it . . . . What should I do??

:rofl::rofl:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
New Thread:

Title: The Dealer Destroyed my Jeep!!

Text: So I took my jeep wheeling last weekend and jumped it off several cliffs. Nothing big. Only had two rollovers and one airbag deployment. And only one complete submersion, though it wasn't for longer than an hour. I then had it towed to my dealer to put some air in the tires. I tried to pick it up today, but NOW NOTHING WORKS!! It won't even start and it's all banged up. I think the techs may have done something with it . . . . What should I do??

:rofl::rofl:
Like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3EWmhTSi4

·
Registered
493 Posts
Awful. Too bad bullwhips are out of style. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just go in there and lay the smack down. Start yelling in the show room with other customers in there yelling about the service and what they did to your jeep and they will want to do sothing for you in fear of loosing customers. That's what I usually do
In the history of the world, this has never been the best way to get what you want. Ever. You just look like a psycho to customers and the dealership now just reason to treat you worse.

If the OP wants to fight it, a calm conversation with the service manager is the 1st step and if he doesn't get the result he wants, lawyering up is the next logical step.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Is this thread legit?

IF it is..he is going to have a fight on his hands because his Jeep is modified and once you start modding a Jeep as much as he has, Chrysler wants to wash their hands of it. It's going to be hard to prove that "they" drove the Jeep like this and the OP didn't with that kind of equipment put on the Jeep by the OP.

Just a bad situation all the way around...

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
sounds like you've got some legit concerns. Unless the service manager wants to admit they took your jeep out for some play time, your gonna have an uphill battle trying to prove it.

x2

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would think dropped from the lift or something along those lines rather than went out wheeling and jumped it. But it does seem you have a legitimate complaint.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts