Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of this deal? 2011 JKU sport, S package, trailer tow package, automatic for $30000 out the door? Fair deal? Good deal? Great deal?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Meh.. for 30k there are better ways to go me thinks.. but hey just my opinion

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I priced out on Edmunds and invoice is 28900...
Here's how it breaks down. Price 27000, dealer fees 799, documentation fees 199, tax 1770, tag transfer 250.= ~30000.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Still seems high, I paid $32,xxx out-the door for my '08 JKU Rubi/w Maxicare contract-

I'd have to imagine it should be more like $27,xxx OTD !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
498 Posts
If that's the actual invoice, I don't think that's as bad of a price as everyone is acting like. A lot of people believe the Tread Lightly to be a good discount. Your price is almost $2000 less than invoice, so that beats the TL discount by over $1500. If you can afford it and its what you want, don't let anybody tell you that's not a good enough price. There's always going to be somebody that got a better deal.

Having said that, don't rush into something that you're not sure about. There is plenty of time left to get what you want, but like I said, if it is what you want, no reason to put it off. Lots of fun to be had!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a little confused because people on the forum have told that the treadlightly discount is great...this price is way more than 1% under invoice...where are they sticking it to me?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm a little confused because people on the forum have told that the treadlightly discount is great...this price is way more than 1% under invoice...where are they sticking it to me?
See my above revision. I was in the middle of it when you posted this. I forgot to mention about the dealer fees being outrageous though. I'd tell 'em to wipe those off. When they give you the "We are required to charge everyone the same dealer fees," speech, tell them you understand and you'd be willing to take that amount off of the vehicle price to offset them and you'd be happy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
BTW, just ask them for the invoice. They'll give it to you, and you'll know for sure that something on Edmund's didn't get put in wrong.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have them itemize every penny. Vehicle, accessories, extras, tax, title, gap coverage, anything and everything. It adds up quick. Are you mistaking price before interest or is that price with interest over the life of the loan?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have them itemize every penny. Vehicle, accessories, extras, tax, title, gap coverage, anything and everything. It adds up quick. Are you mistaking price before interest or is that price with interest over the life of the loan?
i wish that was the price after the life of the loan.

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
I have never bought a car from a dealer where they didn't wave the "doc fees".
The only way I would pay 30K+ for a Wrangler is if it is a Rubi.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts