Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up with some dealerships, guarding their prices????? I drove through a local dealership to look at a 2007 JK Sahara -soft top - a real beauty(red rock crystal pearl). No sticker on the window. One of the used car salesman came over - I asked what the price was. He said it was a demo, had a few thousand miles, the owner drove it, being a demo would reduce the price. I again asked how much it was. Told him I just started my Wrangler search. He wanted to know what I was going to do with my Grand Cherokee, trade etc... - told I had a few months left on my lease, ya da, ya da. Bottom line is, I never did get a price. This isn't the dealership I do business with, but thought I'd check it out. What's the big secret???

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm so sorry the hear that!

I don't know why they do that...

There is no excuse, I've been selling Jeep for 16 Years this month and I don't play that game.

My motto is simple... "Never Make it hard for you to spend your money"

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've been doing this for a little more than a month now, and I don't do that either.

Not having the sticker on the window is just plain shady. Even our current demos have a sticker on them. All of our used vehicles are also tagged accordingly.

The only thing avoiding price does accomplish is to establish bad blood right from the start. If you run into that, just move on to another dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 'dealership' I deal with is great(you see the sticker plus they show you what their cost is) - 30 miles away - the one I stopped at is 5 mins from my house. I did find the price - I went to their web site and found the price ($26,500) - but didn't list the options - so even the website isn't any good. I agree all vehicles should have a 'sticker'. Buying(or looking) for a vehicle should not be like having a root canal done. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Some guys just haven’t learned the best way for sales. I would’ve walked in and asked for another sales person. He was just trying hard to sit you down and talk about the pricing plans they can do for you so he can make commission 😂😂

·
Registered
569 Posts
no kidding

·
Registered
286 Posts
Talking about reviving a thread from the dead........
Well, since we're hear....

Since the advent of the internet it is easier than ever to find the best deals folks have gotten on the same vehicle you're interested in. Numerous forums, boards, articles and services.

Just do all the research you can, decide what you believe is the best price you're likely to get then make that offer and stand by it. Be prepared to walk. Let them know you're an educated buyer and it's a take-it-or-leave it offer.

You might get rejected a time or two but in the end you're likely to get the deal you want.

And no, invoice price or 1 or 2% below invoice is not a deal. Even on Wranglers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts