Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newer Wrangler owner and need some advice. When I go over bumps while the steering wheel is turned, the whole Jeep shimmies side to side pretty bad. Someone that knows a little about lifts used a crow bar and told me that my bushings were bad on my track bars. I did put a Rancho Stabilizer on the front, which helped a little, but not enough. Any advice on what I can do with this particular lift to help out my ride quality? Its not the best lift, but I have to deal with what I got. Its a 1" body lift with a 4" "short arm" BDS suspension.

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Play in your front track bar ends would definitely cause wobble. Change it. A new steering stabilizer will only help mask a problem that's still there.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
That's actually a decent lift for those that don't have the cash for MC, Currie, etc. And replace the track bar with an adjustable one like this TJ/LJ Jeep Wrangler Solid Chromoly Front Track Bar It'll cure your DW and get your axle centered up the right way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's actually a decent lift for those that don't have the cash for MC, Currie, etc. And replace the track bar with an adjustable one like this TJ/LJ Jeep Wrangler Solid Chromoly Front Track Bar It'll cure your DW and get your axle centered up the right way.

Thanks guys.

It looks as though when they put the BDS trackbar in the front they mounted it in a different spot (higher) than the OEM one. Is this track bar designed to work in the OEM position or the aftermarket one? Does this matter?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
That appears to me to be a stock track bar in the stock location (at least on the drivers side). Also replace that dropped pitman arm with a stock one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure that would be fine, but if I were you I'd also do as PStov98TJ sugested and go with a MC adjustable track bar. You would most likely find that it will fix your issues plus it would allow you to center your axle.

Ok, sounds good. Ill do both. Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts