Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so I had death wobble really really bad like anything over 35 mph the whole front end just shook. I crawled underneath the jeep and had my wife slightly steer the jeep back and forth and I noticed my track bar bolt was loose and so was the steering stablizer and all it was needing replaced. Well I bought a adjustable track bar for the front and the rear had my axles centered to the tee and new steering stablizer. I also tightened every steering component bolt. Talk about a huge difference my jeep has never been driven so well and now I can't believe it just took 2 parts to fix all that. If it wasn't for bleepin jeep pls YouTube videos id still be replacing the wrong things.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Good work.

Crawl underneath and make sure everything is still torqued to spec after you put a few hundred miles on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that would be smart too. I also need to get my alignment checked out as well the wobble is very small now but you can feel the wheel need to be adjusted too

·
Registered
229 Posts
Steering wheel is centered using the adjusting sleeve on drag link. Loosen clamp bolts, turn sleeve with pipe wrench until wheel is centered and retighten clamps. 10 minute job at most.
Toe is adjusted on tie rod link. I removed tires and clamped a 36" square wooden rod. Marked size of tires on wood and measures front and back until front was 1/16" closer than rear. Do toe first then center your steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts