Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the cure to fix the death wobble as my jeep just began to do it at around 66000km , got all my tires balanced today but didn't help at all, noticed the steering stabilizer is leaking could that be part of the cause ? Getting replaced soon , need some input and help , thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Make sure your front discos are tight and connected. With that mileage are you in a 2012? Their stock bolts were subpar. You should prob replace them as well. There is a big thread in the forum about it

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What Death Wobble is NOT:

Alignment

Tire balancing

Shocks

Steering Stabalizer

Sway Bar End Links

Dont even waster your time with these until you find the ROOT cause.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The only I would add is even though wheel balance is not the root cause of DW, it can trigger it and amplify it. Start by getting your tires dynamically balanced. Every time you experience DW you can damage additional steering and suspension joints.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While getting 4.56 gears installed in wife's 2012 JKS Got to talk to the folks in the Shop doing the install & asked questions about DW They both indicated the Front Track Bar as the main culprit

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
While getting 4.56 gears installed in wife's 2012 JKS Got to talk to the folks in the Shop doing the install & asked questions about DW They both indicated the Front Track Bar as the main culprit
Woah ... Wait ... Hold the phone. They said what ?Not the stabilizer ? Has hell frozen over ? :rofl:

Jk ... They are correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Woah ... Wait ... Hold the phone. They said what ?Not the stabilizer ? Has hell frozen over ? :rofl: Jk ... They are correct.

Have learned quite a bit following you're posts as I am a Newbie to Jeeps (-: Thx for all the info from all of you out there as well! My wife's jeep is just the way she had wanted & that's in a very big part to the knowledgeable folks on this forum 👍

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Just wondering what the cure to fix the death wobble as my jeep just began to do it at around 66000km , got all my tires balanced today but didn't help at all, noticed the steering stabilizer is leaking could that be part of the cause ? Getting replaced soon , need some input and help , thanks
the stabilizer would be a symptom, not a cause. it has to do a LOT more work on a wobbling front end. the new one would be trashed just as fast.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Woah ... Wait ... Hold the phone. They said what ?Not the stabilizer ? Has hell frozen over ? :rofl:

Jk ... They are correct.
because of the fact that he used the metric measurement system I would assume he is not in the US, must just be an american thing....

·
Registered
331 Posts

Jk ... They are correct.
I said the same thing to my self when reading it. it baffles my mind how many mechanics (private and dealer) that told me it was my stabilizer. I got into it with one and it almost turned ugly.

kudos to the shop you found. sounds like they know what their talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts