Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally fixed my wobble ended up loosing and re torqued everything as per wolf advice along with balancing the tires. Bam problem solved thanks chief. Anyways just wondering an easy effective way to remove the hard plastic badges? The dealer thought it would be a good idea to put a few on and I'm not a fan of the trail rated badge either looks and sounds cheesie. So yeah any advice would be golden! Cheers everyone Jared-

·
Registered
347 Posts
Use a hair dryer to heat up the badge to get the adhesive hot.(Note: You can use a heat gun, but you have to be extremely careful not to burn the paint.)
Hold a rag pressed against the body under the sticker/badge. Spray or slowly pour isopropyl alcohol over the top of the sticker. The alcohol will help to break the adhesive's bond.

·
Registered
651 Posts
What they said..^ and some dental floss or nylon string worked up and down between the thick adhesive of the badge and the sheet metal speeds the process along....

Stickers peel off easy with the hair dryer though.....

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Small piece of advise for removing the trail badge.

1. Make sure you heat it up using a hair dryer all around really well.
2. Try not to remove it only from one end. Try to get a hold of it with both hands 180deg apart and pull it out

The reason you don't want to pull it off from one end is that, as you are pulling it off, the other end of the badge will hit the body of the Jeep and end up putting a mark/scratch on it.

Hope this makes sense.

Also, if you heat it up really well, you can pull it off with your hands (don't need floss or anything) and also, you can stick it at a different spot on your Jeep right away. The adhesive will hold.

I put mine on my tailgate over the keyhole and below the handle.

Good Luck :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I don't have a solution but why exactly would you want to remove it? Let it get pounded off by 4-Wheelin'.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine gives me nightmares, I STILL can't get it to come off :eek: maybe I'm not using the dryer to heat it enough. I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I've debadged just about every car I've owned, including my 2011 Infinity G37. Some floss, a hairdryer (if you aren't used to using heat guns), and goo gone.

I just received my 2012 Unlimited this evening. Sunday I'll debadge and do a before and after.

·
Registered
229 Posts
n3tfury said:
I've debadged just about every car I've owned, including my 2011 Infinity G37. Some floss, a hairdryer (if you aren't used to using heat guns), and goo gone.

I just received my 2012 Unlimited this evening. Sunday I'll debadge and do a before and after.
I guess I just have to ask - why?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I removed the dealer placard on the rear of my Wrangler. My next debadge will be the sticker behind each front wheel that says, Wrangler Unlimited. Really, why even put that there, like you cant tell it's an umlimited. I am considering removing the Trail Rated badge, but this being my first Jeep, I might just let that one sit.

·
Banned
514 Posts
Honestly.. one knows it's a jeep.. but I'll never understand why anyone would de-badge the jeep in the first place.. I mean the hummer is getting really close to the same type of design.. had a young mother walking her child down the street and say "Mommy, Look at that Hummer" Pointing at our jeep..

I'm like: "No, say Jeep, Common say Jeep" Kid never did and walked away..

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bappy56 said:
Well I don't have a solution but why exactly would you want to remove it? Let it get pounded off by 4-Wheelin'.
Because I didn't like the chrome "Cochrane Dodge" emblems the dealer I bought it from put on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Honestly.. one knows it's a jeep.. but I'll never understand why anyone would de-badge the jeep in the first place.. I mean the hummer is getting really close to the same type of design.. had a young mother walking her child down the street and say "Mommy, Look at that Hummer" Pointing at our jeep..

I'm like: "No, say Jeep, Common say Jeep" Kid never did and walked away..
Hummer ended about 2 years ago... :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts