Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas I have to make a decision sometime this week between these two jeeps, if you guys could take a second and tell me what you think would be the smart choice. Im new to jeeps, but ive always liked them, and now im about to buy 1 of 2 jeeps im looking at.

1994 4 cylander wrangler -

-Its my co-workers and shes never off roaded it, ever.
-It has 90,000 original miles.
-Its black with grey interior. Both out and in both flawless.
-Everything works. Its a soft top, and completely stock.
-No ac/power steering (which i dont mind either, ive driven it and like it)
-5 speed

OR

1994 6 cylander wrangler-
-I dont know its history of wheelin/owners etc.
-It has 180,000 original miles
-White with grey interior. (inside and out both flawless)
-5 speed
-AC+power steering
-Stock

I geusse the main thing is, how worth it is the inline 6? I dont care for AC or Power steering but i know if i decide to ever sell, AC and power steering probably help it along.

I dont plan on doing hardcore off roading, just some mudding and some trails with some buddies here and there, but it will be driven about 150-200 miles per week. I plan on lifting it and putting lockers all around. Like will i get laughed at if i have a inline 4 thats all lifted and stuff?

Any input appreciated, and sorry for being a noob!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
if your going mudding i would go with the 6 cyl but thats alot of miles

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
power steering is nice to have when you get bigger tires:D If the 6 was well maintained you could get anouther 100.000 miles out of it it's a very reliable engien.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
If your planning on any kind of deeper mud, you may want to consider a 6 over a 4. I have never driven a 4 cyl wrangler so I do not know their capabilities, but I do know that I have been in PLENTY of situations in the mud in which the 6 had barely enough "umph" to keep the tires moving quick enough to get out. A 4 cyl stuck in a situation like that will need either better tires, a better driver, much better gearing (mine has 4.11s with the 6) or just simply avoid that hole. With mud wheel speed is the key, which means power and gearing is essential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts