Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove both decals on my front fenders and replace them with something after market. Is there any problems doing this?

Also, can the trail rated badge also be removed?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Peeled mine off immediately. Put old school "Jeep" decal on instead. If there's any residue left, just clean it off with some Goo Gone or WD-40. I believe the Trail Rated badge is on with 3M tape... I left that on.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Removal of the decals is super easy. Heat gun (or hair dryer) if it's really stuck, a fingernail or a credit card to gently lift/scrape and GooGone or rubbing alcohol to remove residue. Most people recommend a quick wax or detail touch up spray after you remove them.

Lots of people have removed their Trail Rated badge, plastidipped it and remounted it. So it must be easy to do! :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I found the ones on the fender to be the hardest to remove. That being said, it was pretty easy. Heat gun, old credit card as a scraper (If you have steady hands, a razor works better), and some sort of Goo Be Gone, or Goo Off.

As far as the Trail Rated Badge, you need dental floss, an old credit card for a scraper and Goo Be Gone/Goo Off. You can use a heat gun if are trying to save it, but after burning my fingers, I just cut the adhesive tape with the dental floss and bought a new one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
3M makes a decal remover that works great. Heat gun/hairdryer after that. Be very careful with any mechanical (credit card, etc.) method of removal. Even the sharp edge of a card will leave a mark.

No, No, No! Please, no razor blades. You'll be sorry.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Be EXTREMELY careful with any scraper, blade or heat gun! Usually a blow dryer and finger nail is all that's needed. My original decals, once heated up with a blow dryer, peeled right off with little effort.

Scrapers/blades/heat guns are just paint damage waiting to happen!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Left mine out in the hot TX sun and the decals pulled off easily with just a finger nail. Be patient and it will come off intact. Used a goo remover to get the sticky residue off.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great ideas. Thanks also To VIN for the plastidip idea, never thought about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts