Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Winter coming to a close (or I'll call it Falring since it hardly qualified as Winter) I'm starting to get excited...

I'm a book person and thought I'd look around for some off-roading books... Has anyone read these? They are a little older so just looking for any opinions on if they are still relevant or outdated:

http://www.amazon.com/4-Wheel-Freed...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328553484&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Wheelers...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328553484&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Performa...s-Workshop/dp/0760326878/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Or, anyone have any other recommendations?

Otherwise, anyone have any good recommendations on magazine? I have a subscription to JP, and I've looked at some like Offroading. But they all look very heavy into, what I'll call, Monster-Jeeps. In a magazine, I'd like to find something more about the outdoors aspect of our hobby than the machines... Trail reviews, great spots to go, good jeepcation trips... That kind of thing...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Otherwise, anyone have any good recommendations on magazine? I have a subscription to JP, and I've looked at some like Offroading. But they all look very heavy into, what I'll call, Monster-Jeeps. In a magazine, I'd like to find something more about the outdoors aspect of our hobby than the machines... Trail reviews, great spots to go, good jeepcation trips... That kind of thing...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan
WF member Jimbox turned me onto this:

Overland Journal | The Publication for Environmentally Responsible, Worldwide Vehicle-Supported Expedition and Adventure Travel

Not exclusively Jeeps, but does have content regarding 4x4 trips, trails, equipment, etc.

I just recently ordered a subscription. :thumb:

·
Registered
839 Posts
One side note about that book though is that i believe it came out around 06 so not too much info on the jk's but plenty on tj's and older. Covers all jeeps too not just wranglers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WF member Jimbox turned me onto this:

Overland Journal | The Publication for Environmentally Responsible, Worldwide Vehicle-Supported Expedition and Adventure Travel

Not exclusively Jeeps, but does have content regarding 4x4 trips, trails, equipment, etc.

I just recently ordered a subscription. :thumb:
Interesting, I hadn't found that one. I looked over some of their sample articles... Most of them were about traveling internationally though, like to Africa... Sounds fun, but I don't think I'll be shipping my JK over there anytime soon...

Do they talk about trails around the US? Or just like month-long treks on where the closest cell tower is a few countries away?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Interesting, I hadn't found that one. I looked over some of their sample articles... Most of them were about traveling internationally though, like to Africa... Sounds fun, but I don't think I'll be shipping my JK over there anytime soon...

Do they talk about trails around the US? Or just like month-long treks on where the closest cell tower is a few countries away?
I'm not sure...like I said, I just recently ordered a subscription. First issue I'll get is April. My primary interest is in some of the equipment they feature, but I'd be surprised if they don't have at least some U.S. excursions in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts