Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best place to buy automotive paint? I would really rather not have to spend $200 a gallon. I'm specifically looking for paint code PS5. But if you can just point me in the direction of some decent paint suppliers, I can take it from there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They sell Krylon at Walmart for about $3 per can. I did my whole Jeep for about $30...flames and all.
The Krylon is a little hard to shoot through my sprayer :), I'm looking to match my exterior exactly for my Ricochet Rockers,Tube fenders, and crusher corners. Plus I want to get a gallon so I have some around when I wanna redo my doors and hood this summer.

I've used Krylon and Duplicolor cans before, I find that they just don't last long enough even with clear coat. I need something that isn't going to chip easily. So I'm looking to get an exact match and add a hardener.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
look in the yellow pages and find an automotive paint supplier
the call them and see if they sell dupont products or omni

out here car quest sells automotive paint to alot of body shops

for dupont you need two quarts to make one gallon mixed
witch is 1-1 ratio but for cheaper paint you have nason
wich mixing ratio is 2-1
and omni is cheap then you just need to find a clear to go on top of the base coat

with $200 dollors I could get enough paint to paint my whole jeep

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Just sell a few more jeeps and you will have it covered...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Try mentioning to whoever you are buying it from that you are a dealer. I found that being a dealer can get you discounts sometimes.

I didn't figure you'd go the Krylon route. Not everyone can stand an ugly paint job like I can. and you are right, it doesn't last very good. I redo mine every couple of years. I don't mind though. I like change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts