Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I saved up a 1,000$ and planned to sell the jeep and use the money toward the new vehicle.

Instead my father in-law said he would help work on the jeep.

I just ordered new fenders, and thinking of what else to buy.

Por 15 or whatever it is? I heard it works good, just where can I buy it the cheapest? How many quarts will I need?

What else should I be doing with the money? I planned to do a cheap 400$ paint job just to make it look half way decent.

I should be getting more cash so can do more I suppose.

I plan to do a full tune up, and put new seals/gaskets on.
Also possibly doing new exhaust.

Give me some help on what to buy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DD. Also someone jumped 20$ in the last second so lost the bid -_- So now i'm stuck with one winning fender lol. Now I need another one!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Lol that sucks!
How about some hurculiner inside or a stero upgrade or even something like bumpers or some kc lights or a bit of a lift?!
Look on some jeep websites and try getting some ideas that way maybe?
Good luck!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YJjeep said:
Lol that sucks!
How about some hurculiner inside or a stero upgrade or even something like bumpers or some kc lights or a bit of a lift?!
Look on some jeep websites and try getting some ideas that way maybe?
Good luck!
I already did Bedliner. I'm waiting for the inside to be welded this week to finish the front bedliner. I also did stereo but not going way out until I get a secure top.

I have a 4" lift I think. The guy I bought it from did it. I also got kc llights already lmao. I do need a front bumper though the back is already upgraded.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bobjenkins said:
How about you throw that money at my jeep (when up drive by)
I'd have to pass lol. Trying to get mine in decent shape so I can finally drive it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
$1,000 bucks huh?
Be careful a YJ will eat that up in no time flat.
I'd certainly do the tune up and an oil change if she needs it. Maybe also change the oil in the transmission, T-case and diffs too if they haven't been done recently.
POR 15 is dynamite stuff. You should be able to pick up a quart anyplace that sells auto paint. If they've never heard of it then run away, far away.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gotpepsi said:
lol 1000... tires and rims, rattle can paint job! oil and air filter.
I have newer rims and tires. And I want a decent pAint lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
how about decent paint, and a new kenwood sound system? Those are sick, throw an amp in there + Kenwood speakers on the sound bar (if you have) sub woofer to! just pray someone doesnt jack it lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gotpepsi said:
how about decent paint, and a new kenwood sound system? Those are sick, throw an amp in there + Kenwood speakers on the sound bar (if you have) sub woofer to! just pray someone doesnt jack it lol
Lol I just sold my 800$ system because I didn't want someone to steal it. I still got. 300$ kenwood amp I'm trying to sell though. I do want a sound bar though.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
I've never seen POR in a store ever....you need to order it online directly from them. Do not buy quarts, buy 1/4 pints. You can get 6 of them for around 50 bucks and it should be enough to do your entire frame twice, but once with the correct cleaner will suffice. I did an entire front Dana 60 axle, and entire 10.25 rear axle, and 2 complete leaf springs with one of those little cans.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've never seen POR in a store ever....you need to order it online directly from them. Do not buy quarts, buy 1/4 pints. You can get 6 of them for around 50 bucks and it should be enough to do your entire frame twice, but once with the correct cleaner will suffice. I did an entire front Dana 60 axle, and entire 10.25 rear axle, and 2 complete leaf springs with one of those little cans.
Do you have the link to where you order it?

Also do you do the 3-4 steps of prep? Or do you just paint it on?

I seen it says to degrease it with some special product then por-15 it and then chassis coat it...

I thought it was just a simple paint it on lol. I'm mostly looking to just do the frame, then the differentials/leafs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like to do things that make driving the Jeep more comfortable and easy to drive. There are a few things in my Jeep that just irritated me. Dash rattling seat belts vibrating on the floor. Try fixing things like that.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
POR15, Inc. - Stop Rust Permanently - Repair Gas & Fuel Tanks

Yeah its a 4 part process, 3 minimum. Marine clean, metal prep wash, then por...then if you want it UV protected, you topcoat it. I have seen they are making the topcoat in an aerosol can now which is nice. I always brush it on and I have had wonderful results. It self levels and shines like a diamond in a goats behind when it dries.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts