Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am currently running stock tires and rims on my 2013 Wrangler.(255/70R18). The vehicle is my daily driver, and most of the time is spent on road. I've just put 80,000km on the vehicle, and notice 2 tires seem to have slow leaks, and the tread is getting a little on the low side, so I'm shopping for new tires.

I *think* I've narrowed the choice to two options that are within my budget, and would like feedback from anyone who has experience with them.

Bridgetsone Dueller A/T Revo 2
I'm currently using the Dueller A/T and have been reasonably happy - no significant complaints. I've read some good reviews, but I've also heard they've been discontinued, and not sure if that's a big deal, or not. I've also heard some folks say they run loud. Can anyone comment?

Continental CrossContact LX20 (ECOPlus Technology)
I've used Continentals on another vehicle, some time ago, and was REALLY impressed by the handling. Although it was made by Continental, that was a different tire and a VERY different vehicle. I've also heard that there can be balancing issues with the Continental.

As I say, advice is welcome. If you have experience with a comparable tire, I'd love to hear that too. Lift kits, new rims, etc are just not in the cards right now, so that's not really an open door.

Thanks,

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ran wrangler duratracs on my jeep when it was stock. 275/75/18. Slight rubbing at full turn, got 60,000miles out of them. Could be an option and you won't have to run those road tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only to simplify things, Pirelli Scorpion STR's may have been thrown into the mix, purely based on price point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran wrangler duratracs on my jeep when it was stock. 275/75/18. Slight rubbing at full turn, got 60,000miles out of them. Could be an option and you won't have to run those road tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks - I'll take a look.

·
Super Moderator
16,382 Posts
The 275/65-18 is a common replacement size for Sahara's. It is about 3/4" wider and exactly the same height as stock. And there is a gazillion tires in that size.

The tires you mentioned are both very highway'ish for a Wrangler. I'd look at the Cooper AT3 as it is often considered the best all around AT on the market.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The BFG KO2s come in 255/70/18. I put a set on my Rubicon and am quite pleased with them. I cannot say anything about how their price compares with other tires in the US, but here they were actually quite a bit lower in cost than many other options.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If you want something that has an aggressive look but does great on road in dry and wet conditions and is quiet, I really liked the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. And if you ever end up off payment, they'll do great there too.

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Retired Moderator
100,485 Posts
if you want something that has an aggressive look but does great on road in dry and wet conditions and is quiet, i really liked the nitto ridge grapplers. And if you ever end up off payment, they'll do great there too.
^^^x2..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts