Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few extra bucks and want to blow a few on the jk but I have been going back and forth for about 2 weeks. I can't decide whether I want to get bushwhacker flat fenders or get a superchips flashpaq. I love the look of the flat fenders but I also want the flashpaq to set my tire size and get my shift points back to normal.

If u had to choose what would u pick?

·
Banned
764 Posts
I would buy a AEV procal and it will set your tires and shift, plus do many other things. And for it's way cheaper price you might have enough let over for the front flat fenders!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
easy decision for me... i'd go with the flashpack... not a huge fan of the flat fenders. they look bad ass on some of the crawlers... but it's not my style.

my 0.02 cents.

-bob

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
The Procal WILL NOT change shift points unless you have already re-geared. I personally would get the ACE Engineering steel tube fenders over the bushwackers, about the same price and offer more protection IMO.

ACE JK Tubular Fenders

-Dan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go straight for the flashpaq but I have never owned one and I'm just not sure it is worth the price. I've read numerous threads about how great they are but I my round trip to work and back is about 16 miles and it's all flat where I live. So I'm just not sure it will make that much of a difference

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daniel_M said:
The Procal WILL NOT change shift points unless you have already re-geared. I personally would get the ACE Engineering steel tube fenders over the bushwackers, about the same price and offer more protection IMO.

ACE JK Tubular Fenders

-Dan
The Ace fender don't look like the follow the body line of the jk to me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Renaissance_Redneck said:
Flashpaq. I love mine. The transmission feels like a whole different beast. What year is your's? Superchips has not cracked the code on the '11's or '12's yet, last time I checked.
I have a '09 so I'm good there.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I really like my Superchips, best investment I ever did. Yes procal can do the tires and the gears but what Superchips offer is the tune. Not that it makes a huge difference but it makes a little change especially with gas mileage. Real easy to use

I was really wanting the Bushwhacker flat fenders myself but I think that I have been talked out of it. The people that I know that have done flat fenders are not a fan of Bushwhackers flat fenders, their pocket fenders are a lot nicer they say. The people that I have talked to at the shop have complained about them coming lose and other issues. But what do I know, just hearsay.

Wish I could afford MetalCloak

1 - 15 of 15 Posts