Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the snorkel, got the interior bed lined, still working on extending the breather hoses. However started thinking about extending the tail pipe up to assist in prevention of the unthinkable. Has anyone else tried this? Pics? Ideas? My initial idea is to just add to the existing pipe and bring it up and around the body to near the mid part of the roll bar. Open to ideas!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Are you building a submarine?

J/K but really... I have only seen something done like that on a pickup. Just like you explained. Duel exhaust out the back then straight up past the bumper and then the tips turned back to the rear. Looked like ass but I guess it could work. Good luck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny you ask, I'm going to be building frame mount pontoons to bolt on for giggles. I don't really have a good reason for this other than to make a few boats do a double take and me laugh my ass off over how ridiculous it will be. So.... Sub..... No..... Amphibian.... Yes ;-)

·
Registered
876 Posts
With my "1983" CJ-7 I never had any issues with stock, but I'm not sure about my "2012". However I would not turn the tips up in the air, because it will hold the water and rot out. Just my 2 cents.

50 Something

·
Registered
381 Posts
Kinda hard to see, but this is how they used to do it
WV-6 kit components

·
Registered
300 Posts
so, in my book, if the water is going to come over the top of my head, i just look for another way around. but.. thats me..

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
That would be priceless to see.

Those pontoons probably aren't cheap. I seriously want to do this though. Every year in Lake Charles, LA they have parties on the Lake known as Contraband Days. I wanna show up in my jeep.
:punk:

I wonder if you would have to register that as a vehicle and as a boat?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts