Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 Jeep Wrangler. My best guess is it's a TJ.
The blower motor works. It blows good out of every vent except the defroster.
I can see the vacuum pumps linkages moving around under the dash on the drivers side. I can hear flpas banging closed & opening but I get no air out of the defroster.
It looks like one of the vacuum motors linkage isn't connected to anything but moves around when I move the selector switch back and forth.
Is it possible the linkage came disconnected? Or is the linkage broken?
I think I dislocated ny shoulder while I was upside down under the dash too. Any midgetts on this forum in Virginia wanna earn some extra cash?

Anybody?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sir! My mother was a midget! We prefer height-challenged;)

If I recall, I had a similar issue with one of the actuator linkages under the dash. It was disconnected. Fixed it and solved my issue. Have you tried hooking it back up? I know it's tight under there. I usually end up placing my feet on the head rest, my ass on the edge of the seat, and shoulder blades on the floor mat. A head band LED light helps, too. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sir! My mother was a midget! We prefer height-challenged;)

If I recall, I had a similar issue with one of the actuator linkages under the dash. It was disconnected. Fixed it and solved my issue. Have you tried hooking it back up? I know it's tight under there. I usually end up placing my feet on the head rest, my ass on the edge of the seat, and shoulder blades on the floor mat. A head band LED light helps, too. Good luck.
I'm not real sure what to hook it back to.
I am planning on taking the drivers side seat out tomorrow and crawl back up under there and snoop around.
Hopefully I'll see where it hooks back up.
I have a "head light" but it's on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Which isn't doing me much good up here in Virginia.
thank you for your help.
I'll let you know what happens.
K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts