Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the JK defroster leaves a lot to be desired but in this recent round of cold weather and snow, my windshield is icing up on the driver side well into my line of sight. I've heard people complain of icing near the drivers speaker pod, mine extends much further over near the top.

Dealer says she is blowing within spec but that same genius also inflated my KM2s to 47 psi to fix a blinking tpm issue. Max psi for tire is 43.

Is the defroster that bad or might I have a disconnected vent?

I am getting good air in the center and extending into passenger side.

Curious if anyone knows what things look like behind the dash and if there is one or multiple feeds to the defroster.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Just curious...what year JK.....our '12 sits outside all the time and I hit the remote start let it warm up on mornings like today (-8° F) but it warms up well and keeps windows clear and the same for our '14 JKU when it sits out all day. Suprisingly though the TJ has the best heater of all......Any chance your heater core/ cooling system needs flushed? How old is the Jeep?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Avatar is throwing folks off. Guess I need to update.

That ol'CJ is my very first Jeep. Now I have a '13 Rubicon 10A.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
My Avatar is throwing folks off. Guess I need to update.

That ol'CJ is my very first Jeep. Now I have a '13 Rubicon 10A.
Pfffft. Keep the CJ avatar!
Yeah keep the Cj Avatar........and FWIW most of the time I wait for someone to SAY what year and model they have...been wrong so many times....now next obvious question......is it still under warranty?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It could be one of the blend doors is opening enough. I don't have any issues with my 10. You're covered under 3/36, it shouldn't be that bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts