Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard good things about delta lighting, and have been looking at their front light bar, so my few questions about it. It'd be for a '00 TJ:

1) I need a new front bumper anyways, so what woud be a good bumper to accommodate it?

2) What 's the switch panel like on the inside? Are there multiple switches to only turn on a few lights at a time?

3) Are they fairly durable for off road abuse so to speak?

4) for those that have it, what's your overall impression?

Thanx

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the front light bar xxxxxx-7BX if that is what you are speaking about. Sorry I can't answer all your questions but I can give you some information.
The bar is basically a long square tube with the lights mounted inside. It would mount nicely to any flat surface (provided your flat surface is aimed where you want it. If you want adjustability - then you need to be creative and make your own bracket.
Each of the 7 lights has a plastic housing which is face mounted to the square tube (close up pics will show this).
The side lights are a nice touch. I have them wired into the reverse light circuit - not their intended purpose but it works great.
The switches aren't that nice. One switch controls the fog lights. The second switch controls either the driving lights or the side lights (only one on at a time). The wiring harnes is fine, although all lights are fed with a single ground wire. I ran a larger one so that I could use my own switches and have all on at the same time.
Overall I like the product. You get 7 lights wired, with harnes in a good looking package. I have a JK and it's mounted under the stock bumper. It's a rather understated look that blends in well.
Just keep in mind - there are no aiming options unless you create them. I used four bolts (one in each corner) so that I could tilt it up and down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts