Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People s$&k less then 24 hrs old someone backed into my right front bumper denting it pretty good no note nothing

So do I need to replace whole bumper or just the bumper cover?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
people s$&k less then 24 hrs old someone backed into my right front bumper denting it pretty good no note nothing so do i need to replace whole bumper or just the bumper cover?
image-1830579294.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts
what's your location?
I should have a front bumper available by the end of the week, replacing with a Barricade HD.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like you found your first mod! :bop:

But seriously, that sucks. Should be pretty easy to find a direct replacement on eBay but there are plenty of inexpensive options out there if an upgraded bumper might be in your near future.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Get out the hair dryer and heat it a little and use a piece of wood or a soft hammer to
work the dent out.....
Or if you got lots of $$$$$$$$$$ buy another.... "BH"

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
That sucks...

I would try to repair it....or simply go stubby. You can always get another cover from ebay/craigslist/forum classifieds.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in south Florida
But currently near Tampa this week

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ONLY a cover?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I can sell you the stock bumper from my 2015 I just pulled last week for $75 if you want. I'm in Miami/Ft Lauderdale depends on the day LOL.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You can pull that out with a screw, c-clamp, heat gun, and mallet. I've watched videos in it, looks pretty easy. You can hide the screw hole after it's fixed by heating the plastic and flattening the raised plastic area back down. You will lose a little bit of the structural integrity of that section of the bumper because it was bent, but no one will be able to tell that it was hit. Plus, you probably have all that stuff lying around your house.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Drill a hole underneath it so you can fit a thick screwdriver in with taped head, it can't be sharp (or a rounded metal rod, or even a hard stick ) pour slowly a bucketful of very hot water on the dent, it softens, then start pushing it out. If it starts hardening before you are done, pour more hot water on it. I did mine pretty nicely.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Drill a hole underneath it so you can fit a thick screwdriver in with taped head, it can't be sharp (or a rounded metal rod, or even a hard stick ) pour slowly a bucketful of very hot water on the dent, it softens, then start pushing it out. If it starts hardening before you are done, pour more hot water on it. I did mine pretty nicely.
X2
I did this twice so far
Works great
And since u r working from behind the bumper u can't c the hole

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you get the bumper molded back to the way you like it, heat up the end of a knife and melt the hole closed so that water does not collect inside your bumper.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
So I ONLY a cover?
Correct. This is the part you'll buy if you want to replace it. The Stubby Bumper Ends are a popular mod, if you decide to go that route, or you can just fix what you have with the methods above. Let me know what you decide to do!

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I did the same thing on the trails, drilled a hole in the backside and banged it back out with a big screwdriver and a hammer. Looks 95% normal now :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts