Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My buddy did some major engine work on his CJ this winter, and he's been driving it around town for the past month. He's ready to hit a trails in it for the first time, and we are looking for a close trail that isn't too technical. I'll be going along in my JKUR.

We live in SW Denver. What close in trails would you all suggest? Nothing more than easy/moderate crawling incase we need to do a recovery.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello,

My buddy did some major engine work on his CJ this winter, and he's been driving it around town for the past month. He's ready to hit a trails in it for the first time, and we are looking for a close trail that isn't too technical. I'll be going along in my JKUR.

We live in SW Denver. What close in trails would you all suggest? Nothing more than easy/moderate crawling incase we need to do a recovery.

Thanks!
Pickle Gulch near Blackhawk, exit off of Hwy 119. There are 2 entrances, the 2nd entrance from the hwy is more challenging. Nice scenery at top as well for both spurs.

Reactions: m4j2t

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slaughterhouse Gulch is a great trail close to Denver that has a decent obstacle.
We ended up on slaughterhouse, and found several issues that needed sorting. It was a great trial run, and we're looking forward to getting back out onto some of the other suggestions here...

Thanks everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts