Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone know of an active jeep clubs or folks in the Denver area looking for trail partners? Googling hasn't been that effective. Mile-Hi has a bit of process that doesn't appear quick. I've got a jeep, I wanna hit some local trails, but I'm basically new to it. I'd rather go with someone experienced.

Thoughts?

Thnx

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can try Colorado4x4.org. They have a section for people wanting to run trails. I think you just need to sign up and create a username/password. I haven’t been on in a while but worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know of an active jeep clubs or folks in the Denver area looking for trail partners? Googling hasn't been that effective. Mile-Hi has a bit of process that doesn't appear quick. I've got a jeep, I wanna hit some local trails, but I'm basically new to it. I'd rather go with someone experienced.

Thoughts?

Thnx
You could always try the Colorado section of the Forum as well if you haven't already and see if anyone in your area is going out or is willing to go with you. As the weather gets warmer there should be more activity on the local pages. Sometimes they calm down a little in winter.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
There are groups on FB that people use to arrange rides. Also, following people on IG is a way to meet others and find out what’s going on.

There’s a “meet up” tonight in Northfield at a BBQ joint around 5:30 that some locals will attend.

IG - Downeaster_Jeeper

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I did try the forum links. I'll try colorado 4x4... don't do FB or IG, so outta luck there.

Appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Bunch of stuff on Failbook, but you are smart in staying away from that shishkabob show (I’ve recently started to stay away and am way happier.

I’m down in the Springs, but when I was in grad school in the Dumbver area a number of years ago, I just found local trails and ended up hooking up with folks. East Kalifornistan aside, people here couldn’t be nicer and more welcoming on the trail- it is truly one of the wonderful things about living here. It was exactly the same when I lived up there when I was in school. I’d say download COTREX, find some trails and just start going. Invariably you’ll find some folks to hook up with. That certainly is better than Failbook.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bunch of stuff on Failbook, but you are smart in staying away from that shishkabob show (I’ve recently started to stay away and am way happier.

I’m down in the Springs, but when I was in grad school in the Dumbver area a number of years ago, I just found local trails and ended up hooking up with folks. East Kalifornistan aside, people here couldn’t be nicer and more welcoming on the trail- it is truly one of the wonderful things about living here. It was exactly the same when I lived up there when I was in school. I’d say download COTREX, find some trails and just start going. Invariably you’ll find some folks to hook up with. That certainly is better than Failbook.

Appreciate the advice. My plan is to just go...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Appreciate the advice. My plan is to just go...
Send me a note if you want to hit some stuff down here. Come nice weather, I’m planning on heading west and explore quite a bit more- some on big and little motorcycles and mountain bike, and some in the Jeep. I’l probably be doing a lot of overnighter deals during the weekend as snow starts to melt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts