Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my 2000, 3 color desert camo Sahara that I purchased in 2003 when I was based at Camp Lejeune. It was originally white but I had it painted in military CARC paint to match the Desert Combat Uniform. I sold it in 2009 and just ordered a 2013 Rubi.

It's pictured at OP-5 Pogemeyers Peak aboard Camp Lejeune NC. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Jeep

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't do the paint but I here it's not that bad. It has sort of a light sandpaper feel but wears like iron. It's the way to do go if you ask me.

I marked it with USMC Tactical marks with a few aviation markings thrown in
"No step" on the hood - aviation
"TP" tire pressure over each fender flare
"Gas" over the fuel filler
"Official use only" on each door
"5 point stars" on each door, hood and both bumpers
"USMC" and my "presidential service badge" number on the hood and both bumpers.

Those are 5 qt military water bags on each mirror. I kept them filled year round in NC and they rode great even at highway speeds.

Believe me when I say, I sold this Jeep in 2009 and till this day I have people asking me where it is. If you want to make a lasting statement and have a cool as* Jeep consider doing a CARC job on it.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This thread is such a tease!!!!!! That's so BA!!!!! so what made you post up the pics now since you sold it in 09?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does look good. Definitely unique. I can picture all the Jeepers in their garages right now with a roll of masking tape, weighing if their wives will kill them or not lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thread is such a tease!!!!!! That's so BA!!!!! so what made you post up the pics now since you sold it in 09?
I just ordered a 13 Rubi on Monday and was reflecting on this one. I own a Military clothing and equipment store and this was my daily driver parked out front. Till this day I still get questioned on that bad ass Jeep I had. People can't forget it for some reason.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's one with the doors off and top down.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Does look good. Definitely unique. I can picture all the Jeepers in their garages right now with a roll of masking tape, weighing if their wives will kill them or not lol.
I would be one of those guys lol!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I just ordered a 13 Rubi on Monday and was reflecting on this one. I own a Military clothing and equipment store and this was my daily driver parked out front. Till this day I still get questioned on that bad ass Jeep I had. People can't forget it for some reason.
Oh I understand now lol! I would love to own a 2013 wrangler have fun with it lol!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From the 1982 CJ-5 I started off driving as a Marine to the 2013 models man have they evolved. The steel dash, 3sp, large speedo, no a/c manual windows, locking hubs to the new Satellite radio, leather heated seats, locking rear diff etc. There's something to be said about the simpler things but I'd hate to put one of those CJ-5's out on the freeways of today and try to keep up safely.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How hard is it to obtain the CARC?
Sherwin Williams makes a waterborne CARC that can be obtained at any local shop. A great source for CARC info to include patterns etc is on SteelSoldiers.com I loved the CARC from my military days and insisted on it for the TJ. It doesn't show light road dirt, dust, pollen and washes mud and thicker stuff off with ease.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts