Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With it being summertime in Oklahoma, I've had my top and doors off for the majority of 2 months now. Yesterday, someone decided to take a look in the jeep for something worth taking. Now normally, I keep everything in the jeep unlocked, and don't keep anything valuable in my jeep. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason both my glove box and center console were busted up pretty good. The handle of my glove box is now inside the glove box, and it will not stay shut. My center console lid seems to be out of alignment because it will not shut without significant force. While I do understand this was in part my fault, anyone know where I could get a replacement for the glove box, and what to do with the console? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
While I do understand this was in part my fault
I find it unbelievable that you would take any responsibility for something a low life scumbag did.

I will never make it easy for a criminal to take what's mine. I won't be sheep! They need to bend to our rules, not us bending to theirs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it unbelievable that you would take any responsibility for something a low life scumbag did. I will never make it easy for a criminal to take what's mine. I won't be sheep! They need to bend to our rules, not us bending to theirs.
I understand what you're saying. I only meant that with no doors I leave the jeep in a risky situation, and I should not have had the plastic components locked. If only I had seen who decided to take a peak...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Sorry about your luck man.......Just tossing this in...since most JEEP parts and scrap Jeeps "disappear" at most salvage yard in DAYS!!

Davey's JEEP is s'posed to have a lot of stock parts as well as aftermarket....they are just the first that came to mind...never used them. Been around for a long time so must be "allright"....usually bad ones "loose their rep" and go under.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
I understand what you're saying. I only meant that with no doors I leave the jeep in a risky situation, and I should not have had the plastic components locked. If only I had seen who decided to take a peak...
I'm confused. My understanding is Chrysler included locks on the center console and glove compartment for the exact situation you are saying you should have left them unlocked for (no doors/top). I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm confused. My understanding is Chrysler included locks on the center console and glove compartment for the exact situation you are saying you should have left them unlocked for (no doors/top). I don't get it.
Most people who go naked (no doors, top, etc.) leave nothing in their Jeep and leave things unlocked. This way the scumbag rummaging though the vehicle won't have to damage anything. The OP is saying he accidentally left the center console and glove box locked, and as a result they were damaged when the thief opened them.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
You will unfortunately pay and do the work to fix what a bottom feeding roach decided to break and steal. I hear folks say all the time that they want to shoot someone who does this kind of thing. That is just wrong and is not the right thing to do. What needs to happen is you strap them to your back wheel and utilizing blow torch and pliers get the perp to write a letter of apology and explain why he will never do it again (you must do this of course before you start with the pliers and torch on upper extremities).

A locked plastic glove box and plastic console is like putting tape on a box of cookies to keep a hungry child out. Trash will be trash and it is only going to get worse and be far more common.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unfortunetly honest people must suffer to make up for the ill's of society. From kids to dirt bag druggies our country makes excuses for thier deviant behavior and makes the victim the culprit if you catch them and make them pay. Sorry about your loss and hope you find a solution. Hell they even cut the soft top instead of just unzipping a window.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Unfortunetly honest people must suffer to make up for the ill's of society. From kids to dirt bag druggies our country makes excuses for thier deviant behavior and makes the victim the culprit if you catch them and make them pay. Sorry about your loss and hope you find a solution. Hell they even cut the soft top instead of just unzipping a window.
Too stupid to realize that a window literally zips off from the outside. So they cut it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts