Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Detroit locker about a month ago I have read that it takes time to get used to driving with it but mine seems Outrageous it pops and feels like its throwing my back end towards one side and feels like something is breaking inside is this normal?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Detroit and every so often it pops very loudly and I can feel the jeep move to one side. It feels as if the jeep has moved toward the passenger side. It happend very rarely, but when it does you feel it. How often does this happen to you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few times a day I installed it in a dana 44

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And this is my dd

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
I put >100K miles on my previous TJ's (stolen last year) Detroit Locker and loved it. The more you drive it, the less such characteristics show up. Stay off the gas when turning corners, just give it enough gas to keep the Jeep rolling which helps the locker unlock as it needs to during turns. The more power you add, the harder it locks and the harder it is for it to unlock.

You'll get the hang of it and soon come to love it and its usually only very occasional quirks/bangs. I miss my Detroit Locker, I would like to have one in the back of my present Rubicon that has f/r selectable lockers. A Detroit Locker is "point and shoot" and works extremely well in anything but slick/icy road and icy trail conditions.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Make sure your rear tire pressures are equal, it should be quiet going straight.
Stay off the throttle in turns. Approach the corner, then coast through.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the Summit racing tech support and they said something was wrong with it just want to make sure

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you I appreciate it just wanted to make sure my 44 wont break in half like it sounds like its doing

·
Registered
581 Posts
Normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts