Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
Is that a new product or could you mean the Detroit Truetrac which is a limited slip differential?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
That is a clutch-based LSD, their gear-based Detroit Truetrac works in a similar manner but doesn't have a clutch pack to wear out. The Truetrac has a reputation for being pretty much bulletproof and has a lot of ardent supporters in the Jeep community. I am no fan of any clutch-based LSD (the Tracloc is also clutch-based) or clutch-based locker like the ECTED.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have run the tru trac for years in my cherokee and the wifes tj and it has been a great working piece. In the tj with 35 and being light it works great almost like a full locker. On the xj with the 35's same then i went to 36 in irok's and it still works good but the tire size does over run it at times so getting it to hook up is a challange. but all in all it has been some of the best money i have spent on the front axles. and there is no change in your sterring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts