Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a 1998 Tj with a d35 rear and I know that axle is trash from the start but for money reasons I'm thinking of getting a Detroit tru trac and I was wondering would I have to get upgraded shafts or anything???

·
Registered
556 Posts
Did you ever get the truetrac? I considered running my D35 with a truetrac and upgraded shafts before I jumped to 35" tires. Did you ever decide?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok guys I have a 1998 Tj with a d35 rear and I know that axle is trash from the start but for money reasons I'm thinking of getting a Detroit tru trac and I was wondering would I have to get upgraded shafts or anything???
If you do a C-clip eliminator with chromoly shafts you should be fine to run 35's. Superior went under a couple years ago, I don't know who makes the C-clip elim kits now but I can try to find one if i can get to a computer.

Jerry would probably know who does if he found this thread.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello there... i'm running 33's tires, stock shafts on my DANA 35 with truetrac and it work's perfectly fine.
It always works perfectly fine until they snap. I'd rather be safe than sorry stuck in the middle of nowhere with my shaft sticking out trying to figure out how to get home.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
i'd never lock a 35...boom...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts