Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me of a good wrecking yard to buy jeep parts from in the DFW area? I am trying to get a few things for a JK to spruce it up a bit but don't want to pay for new stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well first of all I like your name.

Modern wrecking yards have evolved and it is harder to find them and more importantly find what you are looking for. It is doubtful you will find what you are hoping for at the local pick and pull. Look online for a company called LKQ.

More often than not you will find that forums like this and your local Craig's List will be a better choice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sub'ed. Would be good to get this info. A buddy rolled his 03 TJ. Wish I had it for parts. It had dana44s with Detroit lockers On 35's...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Jeep Parts

Can anyone tell me of a good wrecking yard to buy jeep parts from in the DFW area? I am trying to get a few things for a JK to spruce it up a bit but don't want to pay for new stuff.
LKQ is a customer of mine and I'm not sure they have Jeep Parts. They have many locations, but none are for Jeep as far as I know. However being in outside sales I know where all of them are.

Depending on where you live, Grand Prairie has a Mopar yard on Jefferson, Kennedale has one on business 287, and Haltom City has one off Carson and 121. Carson dead ends to that street going south off 121. Also if you think you are going to get a good price you may be disappointed. Most of them get 2/3rd's of new.

50 Something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I went to the ones off Carson this past weekend. None of them had any jeeps or parts. I was referred to the one in Grand Prairie but when I called, I was told that they have no jeeps either. So for now, the quest continues.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks. I went to the ones off Carson this past weekend. None of them had any jeeps or parts. I was referred to the one in Grand Prairie but when I called, I was told that they have no jeeps either. So for now, the quest continues.
I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstood me. LKQ does not, but the yards around them do. Let me pull up my data base and give you specifics.

50 Something

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey Dead,

I'm going to PM you, because I don't think Robert will appreciate everyone on this site calling him...

50 Something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts