Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What do you guys think of the factory fogs?

Would you swap them out or just add a light guard to them to match the rest of the lights? The guards are 30 a pair.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My fan control was acting up, it would only work on one speed and the speed was in the middle of 2 settings.

I got a new BLOWER FAN SPEED SWITCH CONTROL and now it works like a charm.

Below are 2 pics on of the front of the fan bezel with all the controls and the second is the SWITCH CONTROL. Both are circled in red.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Here is a pic of my cousins 09 jk and my 99 tj. we both have been modding. hes got new tires and rims, 275 nitto terra grapplers and some fuel rims. Hopefully I can get some new ones too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
this is the piece you swap out. its about 30 bucks online

Hey, nice build.

Just changing the switch will only work for a short time. The problem is the blower motor starts to wear, and it starts pulling more current. When that happens, the way that the jeep is wired it will melt the switch. The perment fix is to replace the switch, blower motor and do the relay mod. With the relay mod, you will only use the switch to switch power to the relay, and not to the blower motor. If you search in the forum you will find the relay mod. Good luck and keep it up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
finally got my tires and rims put on. DAMN they ride better than my all terrains. no vibs no shimmy just smooth as silk. highly recommend the mud claws. I used the ion rim which has 3.25 bs and there is no rubbing on anything at full lock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
while i make turns at a low speed im hearing some clicking. having done some research im thinking its my axle joints. So im going to replace the 2 in the front. ill let you know how it goes.

i ordered:
Dana 30/35/44 Heavy Duty Axle U-Joints

41 - 60 of 75 Posts