Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the diamond plate on the rockers plastic or metal? Im wanting to put these on my jeep but all i find is plastic molded. Do they bolt in or is there adhesive?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is the diamond plate on the rockers plastic or metal? Im wanting to put these on my jeep but all i find is plastic molded. Do they bolt in or is there adhesive?
Both are available. What you're finding is the bushwhacker or rugged ridge stuff that sticks on. The actual Rubicon rocker plates that bolts underneath (and possibly rivet too). I've seen them many times at Quadratec and and probably 4WD too.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
go to www.bluetorchfab.com they have the rockers under the body armor link for like 219 + shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Black Daimond Plates for sale.

I have the black Diamond Plates on my 06 Rubicon right now. They are the steel ones that come standard on the rubicon TJs. No damage or scratches.. Will sell for 200 shipped. Let me know if your interested and i can post pics.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Those Nth degree are pretty trick but its really just some plate steel bent and drilled. You could build those with some angle iron and a drill really.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I have the black Diamond Plates on my 06 Rubicon right now. They are the steel ones that come standard on the rubicon TJs. No damage or scratches.. Will sell for 200 shipped. Let me know if your interested and i can post pics.
Post the pics. I might be interested... Don't know for sure.

Those Nth degree are pretty trick but its really just some plate steel bent and drilled. You could build those with some angle iron and a drill really.
That's a great idea! I might just do that! How thick should the metal be?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

Good luck with that. Show us some pics of your finished product.

N'th dont work with a body lift so keep that in mind if your going that route.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ripbiker-Im building mine from 1/4" angle iron. A bit heavy but tough as nails. They're still probably lighter than most too. If I feel like I need it I can always weld some round stock off the side as a guard. Just drill some holes down it and you got yourself a rocker guard.

Scoob-Thanks. I will post pics. Not that its too complicated but I'll show everyone how easy it truly is if you want to save yourself some $$.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I think alot of these rockers are 3/16 steel. I don't understand the obsession with the holes in the steel, wouldn't that just hang up on rocks and isn't that the point of the sliders to slide? those Nth degree sliders are pretty cool but I really like those BTF with the step rail on the side plus when I get them I can get rid of my black diamond plate and stupid nerf bars.

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
The best rockers I've seen have been the Rockmen. They go wheelwell to wheelwell instead of fender to fender. Plus they come with reinforcement plates that go on the inside to make 'em a little tougher.

You can get them with or without the tube slider / step.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
but then again $$$$$$. ^^^

1 - 20 of 24 Posts