Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any? Im talking about the ones that run along the rockers and under the doors to like the front fender flair to the rear flair. How do they go on? Is it hard? How do you like them and where did you get them from?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I bought some slighlty blemished chrome ones off ebay for about $45 shipped. I'll be painting them in the future anyways. Havent decided how I'm going to attatch them yet, will probably bolt/screw them directly to the body. I wrangler I used to have came with some on it already and they were stuck on with some kind of double sided foam tape. They dont realy protect anything but they are good to cover rust or body work.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tigerblood said:
I bought some slighlty blemished chrome ones off ebay for about $45 shipped. I'll be painting them in the future anyways. Havent decided how I'm going to attatch them yet, will probably bolt/screw them directly to the body. I wrangler I used to have came with some on it already and they were stuck on with some kind of double sided foam tape. They dont realy protect anything but they are good to cover rust or body work.
I got a little rust on both rockers in the same spot. I kinda like the looks and also I want to cover up the small rust spots. And thats kinda want I figured with attaching them with bolts or something. I was thinking pop rivets.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
that would work. id cut out the rust spots and patch/seal them before covering them up so it doesnt spread.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
some of them come with an adheisive or two sided tape and some of them use screws..I like pop rivets but I put mine no more than 2 inches apart and in some areas even closer than that..it may be overkill but it stays laying flat and snug ..I like just using flat 1/8 inch steel which is very heavyduty but thats just a personal preference..I just put a 4 inch strip around the rear of a 91yj ( with about 90 rivets )and will be putting probably 6 inch down the sides soon..I posted some pics of the rear section in this forum under "what I did to my yj this week " if you care to check it out

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harleydragon said:
some of them come with an adheisive or two sided tape and some of them use screws..I like pop rivets but I put mine no more than 2 inches apart and in some areas even closer than that..it may be overkill but it stays laying flat and snug ..I like just using flat 1/8 inch steel which is very heavyduty but thats just a personal preference..I just put a 4 inch strip around the rear of a 91yj ( with about 90 rivets )and will be putting probably 6 inch down the sides soon..I posted some pics of the rear section in this forum under "what I did to my yj this week " if you care to check it out
Cool Ill check it out.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Cake. Where in NY are you? I'm going to be selling a set. I bought them used, I plasti dipped them but never mounted them. I was waiting till I cut out the rust spots. I just bought a set of flat flares so now these won't fit. I'm going to have a friend fab up new ones.

Let me know if ur interested. They fit stock YJ flare set ups perfect!

Table Auto part

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beach-Bum said:
Cake. Where in NY are you? I'm going to be selling a set. I bought them used, I plasti dipped them but never mounted them. I was waiting till I cut out the rust spots. I just bought a set of flat flares so now these won't fit. I'm going to have a friend fab up new ones.

Let me know if ur interested. They fit stock YJ flare set ups perfect!
Im in the finger lakes area just out side of Rochester. About 30min out side. Where are you?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I live on long island. My parents used to own a house up in Penn Yan on Keuka Lake. We still go up and rent a house with the family there all the time.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beach-Bum said:
I live on long island. My parents used to own a house up in Penn Yan on Keuka Lake. We still go up and rent a house with the family there all the time.
Im in bloomfield. Its about 45mim from penn yan

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a set of custom stainless ones. Dont need them.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
94Wrangler4.0 said:
I have a set of custom stainless ones. Dont need them.
When you say custom what do you mean? Like you built them your self of customized?

·
Registered
391 Posts
They came with a parts jeep I bought a while back. I'm guessing they guy made them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having made more sheet metal parts for race cars than I should have I like the idea of pop riveting them on. I don't like the idea of water and dirt getting behind them and causing rust. Do you seal them along the top seam?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts