Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the dick cepek crushers. And I want to know how they r and how the wear is it is a jeep that is driven everyday. And my last one didn't last 10000 miles before half worn

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I don't think many people run those tires, I know I don't know anybody with them. They are more for the looks than anything, probably not much good for anything but the street.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don't think many people run those tires, I know I don't know anybody with them. They are more for the looks than anything, probably not much good for anything but the street.
They're not a great street tire, but pretty good in the mud. A good combo street/trail tire would be the Goodyear Kevlar MTR's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank u I only have a 2inch sup lift and the dc only comes. In 31 or 33 and I like 32in just cuz I like to do rocks and trails so I. Have a little. More flex.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was going to buy the dick Cepek crushers in a 265/75R16 but I didn't have a 16" rim so I was going to buy a 31 seems like a great tire, a bit of lug slap, and they follow the cracks in the road so you'll have to try a little harder to keep it on the road, its pretty loud, the wear has said to be really good so long as you run correct tire pressures, keep it aligned and rotated, and they're offroad performance has been great, check jp magazine for reviews on the crushers, just go to their site. But I haven't run this tire and I don't think I'm going to cause I bought 17" moabs and they came with BFG kms and the next set of tires I'm debating on is the BFG km2 or the nitto mud grappler, biting can tell you this much the Goodyear MT/R Kevlars are a great tire, you can hear them but they aren't loud if thats what your looking for, wear has been said to be great but my dad ran them and he has only about 8 months on them and they're almost gone :/ but he tows a huge trailer and doesn't check pressures or check his alignment he also rotates every 2nd oil change witch I don't feel is enough. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pro Comps are buy 3 get 1 free right now

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Pro Comps are always 1 free...... I've heard they're not very good tires, fwiw....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I say get them! They're priced great! And besides the reviews that are out there give them great ratings! They're cheaper then goodyears and BFG so go for it man!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I run 33" Crushers and love them. I was running ProComp XTreme's and they were 10X louder than these even at 50% wear. They are good on and off road and wear very well. They did awesome in desert sand also. If I had one concern it would be the vibration from them at slowing speeds on pavement, as in, coming to a stop. Other than that they are a pretty good tire and I have been surprised.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol, well when I check out pro comp tires and hear them roll by me they don't seem that loud but I can tell when crushers are coming down the road, but I personally never ran these tires so it isn't for me to say :) but good tire, might be my next one if I don't get km2's, some kinda swamper or mud grapplers :p lol too many choices!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me as well, just finished introducing my dad to the km2s haha he says after his Goodyear mt/r Kevlars are worn out he's probably going to get them, but they seem like such a great choice of tire so I'll probably pick them up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts