Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
its hard to say exactly - there are a lot of factors involved. I am a new Jeep owner and I spent several months researching ways to get a great price - did my homework - etc...The rule of thumb I came up with was about 10% below sticker is a great price. Might be different depending on demand in your area, stock, etc...

·
Registered
922 Posts
mine was auto, hardtop, 3.73, base radio and was 36k otd.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
My Big Bear stickers at $40,380, and I paid out the door after all the fees $36,750.

I just bought mine two 1/2 weeks ago.

LED headlights, 430 radio with Alpine, rear trak loc, heated seats, remote start, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Big bears are rebadged Rubicon's? Got my JKUR a couple of years ago for just a little bit less.. but probably comparable price due to inflation. Mine was 33k, $34,800 otd.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had a trade so it is harder to say how good the price is. I did balk at the initial offer from the dealer and got another $2,000 off split between the trade value and discount off the MSRP. Frankly, there is little need to worry if you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else as there is always a better deal somewhere. Question is, are you happy with the deal and with the Jeep? I know I love my Jeep.

Main options on mine were Alpine speakers (which I wouldn't have paid for but didn't want to wait on a special order), max tow pkg which includes 3.73 gears, trak-loc rear axle, hard top and 5 sp auto.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Big Bear/Black Bear have been two of the best bang-for-buck Editions Jeep has made so far.

Yes, it's based on the Sport. But you also don't pay the Sport S' $3,000 for nothing penalty.
Go to Jeep's Build and Price right now and you will see that you can't build a Sport S or Sahara similarly optioned to the Big Bear without paying a lot more.

------------
Omniman911, don't worry about other people's "great deal" stories.

Forget about it and go have fun in your new Jeep.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Big Bear/Black Bear have been two of the best bang-for-buck Editions Jeep has made so far.

Yes, it's based on the Sport. But you also don't pay the Sport S' $3,000 for nothing penalty.
Go to Jeep's Build and Price right now and you will see that you can't build a Sport S or Sahara similarly optioned to the Big Bear without paying a lot more.

------------
Omniman911, don't worry about other people's "great deal" stories.

Forget about it and go have fun in your new Jeep.
Very true. I was looking at a Sport S and the dealer pointed out the Big Bear. Not only did it have offroad tires, a rock rail, tailight guards and rubber floor mats, it was $500 cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts