Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift and I just received my where and tires; I'm concerned I didn't get the right width/offset though. They seem kinda skinny or not much wider than stock. Thoughts? Is this the typical size everyone goes with? They are 17x8.5, offset 6, backspacing 5, mounted on 35x12.5 tires.

Attachments

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
You're pretty confused. The backspacing has little to do with the lift and everything to do with the width of the tires. The offset you have should be fine. To put your mind at ease when you compare the wheels, look at the mounting face on the new ones compared to the stock ones. You will see quite a difference.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@daggo66 OK, just seems like a lot of lifted Jeeps I see have wider wheels(mostly mall crawlers) or deeper wheels that stretch the tire more. Mine don't seem to be stretched at all, in fact the sidewalls seem to go inward...if that makes sense. The look to stick out farther from the wheel wells as well.
Hahaha yes I know...only 4 right now...it was a package deal. Need to order the 5th one. But then that raises other questions and mods...I'm concerned with mounting a 35" tire on the rear carrier; I believe it needs to be changed for a bumper mounted one to avoid damage to the tailgate.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be good. There's a possibility that the fronts would rub but you can always cut the splash guard.
The rears, however, might come in contact with the rear links. You can always flip the links for more clearance.
Oh...I was unaware I'd have any clearance issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts