Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean something feels wrong?? They look right to me
Well when I first installed these, one side bent up the pin and looked like it was moving out of the link. I'm wondering if it's just a problem some lock tight could fix.

The directions come with crappy black and white pictures that are zoomed in too close for me to see if I installed mine correctly.

I have extra parts I'll post pictures of, I think they're all just for the mount I still need to install onto the frame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the left over parts I'm assuming are for the mount.

The pieces I'm pointing at kind of confuse me. Not quite sure where they go. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just overlooking.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Something feels wrong, I just want to make sure if this is correct!

They are Teraflex quick disconnects part # 1743090/001743092
Yes you installed correct I just installed mine yesterday the Parts your pointing too are when you disconnect the links they are the posts you store the links on so that they dont move. you have to drill a hole I have not done that part yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you installed correct I just installed mine yesterday the Parts your pointing too are when you disconnect the links they are the posts you store the links on so that they dont move. you have to drill a hole I have not done that part yet.

Wonderful! I appreciate the reply. :thumb:

Which parts should I spray some WD-40 on? The instructions say to lube up some parts but I'm not quite sure which...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

Which parts should I spray some WD-40 on? The instructions say to lube up some parts but I'm not quite sure which...
Forget the WD-40. That's not what they mean. They mean you need to put grease in the joints of the links through those Zerk fittings (small nipple on the outside of the joint, you can see one on the bottom joint in the picture you posted). Go get a grease gun and some grease. I use "Green Grease" because I live on the Gulf Coast and it's a marine grade, water repellant grease. But the Red Tacky stuff (forget who makes it) is good too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forget the WD-40. That's not what they mean. They mean you need to put grease in the joints of the links through those Zerk fittings (small nipple on the outside of the joint, you can see one on the bottom joint in the picture you posted). Go get a grease gun and some grease. I use "Green Grease" because I live on the Gulf Coast and it's a marine grade, water repellant grease. But the Red Tacky stuff (forget who makes it) is good too.
Right on! Thank you brother.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Red and Tacky is by Lucus. That is what I use

·
Registered
156 Posts

I greased up the lower pins that the connect attaches too it is hard to put on for me but the grease it went on no problem

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the record, I wasnt try to act as if you didnt know what you were doing, I just wanted to make sure that they didnt send you the wrong legnth
I'm actually glad you mentioned this because I didn't know they came in different lengths! I bought the disconnects at a local garage though that actually put the lift and tires on my Jeep so they knew what to give me.

I greased up the lower pins that the connect attaches too it is hard to put on for me but the grease it went on no problem
I'm thinking about doing this, and putting lock tight around the threads aswell.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm actually glad you mentioned this because I didn't know they came in different lengths! I bought the disconnects at a local garage though that actually put the lift and tires on my Jeep so they knew what to give me.

I'm thinking about doing this, and putting lock tight around the threads aswell.
Yes they make different legnths for different lift heights. the different legnths ensure that the sway bar stays at am optimal 20 degree upward angle at ride height.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yes they make different legnths for different lift heights. the different legnths ensure that the sway bar stays at am optimal 20 degree upward angle at ride height.
That's definitely outside of the optimal height. Optimal height is 10 degrees +/- 5 degrees.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's definitely outside of the optimal height. Optimal height is 10 degrees +/- 5 degrees.
You are correct, just got my numbers mixed up. Dont know why I was thinking 20 +/- 5 degrees. I was trying to remember this from installing my JKS Dicos awhile back. Sorry

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You are correct, just got my numbers mixed up. Dont know why I was thinking 20 +/- 5 degrees. I was trying to remember this from installing my JKS Dicos awhile back. Sorry
It's all good. I made a similar mistake this morning. Just didn't want to pass around wrong info.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's all good. I made a similar mistake this morning. Just didn't want to pass around wrong info.
Yea I was posting on that thread this morning too. I knew you had to have misread or been in a hurry on it. It happens, we admit our mistakes and keep moving. Thats better than the poeple who will argue an invalid point. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts