Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here sell their wheels and tires back to the dealer at delivery or know the dealer invoice cost of them? Waiting to header back on how much they will buy them back for when I pick up my 2013. Just want to make sure they are offering a fair amount.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I just sold my sport 17" for $750 on Craigslist and honestly I could have got more. 3 people were fighting over them the first day. Really surprised me but I think you could get $900 to $1100 easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires. What I've found online is that each sold separately goes for well over $200 each, so I was thinking the factory/dealer cost would be $175-$200 each.

Hoping they offer $1800-$2200 range for all 5 [10].
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
I sold my 5 Sport steelies with 1k miles for $400 on CList last week as I just don't think there is a huge demand for them as the tires are only $100 new. I'm betting they'll offer you $200 for the set considering how low balling bastards most dealers are!

EDIT: sorry, I posted at the same time you said you had Rubicon wheels. But expect to totally get low-balled and I think Craigslist is your best bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
My guess is no matter what they offer you, you could get more selling them privately. There is actually a good demand for upgraded sport s and rubicon wheels from people that have the stock 16 steelies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
It all depends on your Jeep model and what your wheels and tires are.

Mine were from a Sport S and were the "Moab" 17 inch X 7.5 inch alloy rim with Goodyear Wranglers. You will get more for the Rubi wheels/tires and less for the 16 inch basics.

When I went into my shop, they said the best thing for me to do was I should go to Craig's List and sell them there. After researching the price there I got a good feel for their value in my area. You should do the same before you negotiate too far with the dealer.

Then the shop called me and said I should call the General Manager at a certain dealer and make him an offer for my wheels. He offered me $500 for my wheels and tires. I told him I had been to Craigs List and saw $650, 600 and 580. We settled on $600.

Later I heard that there is an end of year shortage of my rims and a lot of Sport S packages were being shipped without the Moab rims and with basic rims and wheels. So the dealers are buying them up at that time - two weeks ago. Unless you have the basic rims, I would think they should be even more excited about getting 2013 rims with the new look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JK Coaster said:
It all depends on your Jeep model and what your wheels and tires are.

Mine were from a Sport S and were the "Moab" 17 inch X 7.5 inch alloy rim with Goodyear Wranglers. You will get more for the Rubi wheels/tires and less for the 16 inch basics.

When I went into my shop, they said the best thing for me to do was I should go to Craig's List and sell them there. After researching the price there I got a good feel for their value in my area. You should do the same before you negotiate too far with the dealer.

Then the shop called me and said I should call the General Manager at a certain dealer and make him an offer for my wheels. He offered me $500 for my wheels and tires. I told him I had been to Craigs List and saw $650, 600 and 580. We settled on $600.

Later I heard that there is an end of year shortage of my rims and a lot of Sport S packages were being shipped without the Moab rims and with basic rims and wheels. So the dealers are buying them up at that time - two weeks ago. Unless you have the basic rims, I would think they should be even more excited about getting 2013 rims with the new look.
The way I'm thinking is they are getting new wheels and tires without paying for the shipping. I simply expect them to pay me what they would pay to get them from the factory. Whatever their cost is is what I expect their offer to be. Hopefully that happens....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,478 Posts
Sorry, 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires. What I've found online is that each sold separately goes for well over $200 each, so I was thinking the factory/dealer cost would be $175-$200 each.

Hoping they offer $1800-$2200 range for all 5 [10].
If you bag that much I'll eat a piece of bark. :)

I sold mine ('12 Sahara wheels/tires) to the dealer for $500. Happy to get em off my hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
I think I have an honest dealer, meaning he has to make money but also wants to give me a decent shake.

I ask about exchange of my new in-coming wheels, not tires, and he advised me to work with my replacement tire dealer if I had one. He said that frankly that's what they would do with my wheels since they were not into the aftermarket or "new" exchange/swap market. I think you are better off to work exchanges without your Jeep dealer. I'd go to an aftermarket store that handles mods and installation for those that need that service, or your good local tire store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kbwwolf said:
If you bag that much I'll eat a piece of bark. :)

I sold mine ('12 Sahara wheels/tires) to the dealer for $500. Happy to get em off my hands.
So, they just called and offered $2100..... bark??





Just kidding, but I bet you lost your appetite for a second ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ratchettt said:
I think I have an honest dealer, meaning he has to make money but also wants to give me a decent shake.

I ask about exchange of my new in-coming wheels, not tires, and he advised me to work with my replacement tire dealer if I had one. He said that frankly that's what they would do with my wheels since they were not into the aftermarket or "new" exchange/swap market. I think you are better off to work exchanges without your Jeep dealer. I'd go to an aftermarket store that handles mods and installation for those that need that service, or your good local tire store.
Good call. I'm traveling 8 hours to Orlando to get the Jeep, so I may need to make some contacts down there soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
Sorry, 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires. What I've found online is that each sold separately goes for well over $200 each, so I was thinking the factory/dealer cost would be $175-$200 each.

Hoping they offer $1800-$2200 range for all 5 [10].
Good luck with that. When I asked the dealer what he would give me for my 2012 Rubicon wheels and tires he said $500.00 and not $501.00. The salesman told me the dealers get a credit for pushing the factory wheels of $85.00 per wheel. Which means they pay $42.00 a wheel. And the tires Jeep buys by the thousands they would not tell me what they pay for the tires. So I think the dealer cost is some where about $145.00. Like I said good luck with that. I'll eat bark also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
tomgillotti said:
Good call. I'm traveling 8 hours to Orlando to get the Jeep, so I may need to make some contacts down there soon...
PM me if you need a reputable shop in Orlando. I based in the area and might be able to help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
New Sport s takeoffs go for 5-600 all day long on CL here in the dc area and many times even lower than that. You guys claiming you got 750 are nuts or are living in a rural area that isn't saturated by them. I swear this board is full of folks asking damn near full retail for takeoffs and thinking they will get it and it is getting annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I guess other markets are somewhat better than mine. I got $400 for the tires off my Sport S, but I've been asking $300 OBO for the wheels on CL with no takers. Not even a call. I figured $50-$60 dollars a wheel wasn't a bad deal, even if someone's just looking for a spare set. Guess I was wrong.

Oh, well. I'm in no hurry, so I'll just hold on to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,002 Posts
New Sport s takeoffs go for 5-600 all day long on CL here in the dc area and many times even lower than that. You guys claiming you got 750 are nuts or are living in a rural area that isn't saturated by them. I swear this board is full of folks asking damn near full retail for takeoffs and thinking they will get it and it is getting annoying.
It isn't annoying to folks getting what they can for wheels. And it isn't annoying to the person that found them and gladly paid what they did for them. That's the funny thing about the marketplace.
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top