Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Look closely at the date when you buy it. A friend just today told me DieHard or Johnson Controls sold and there is some old battery stock, like buying new and getting a 2 year old battery.
I have not verified any of this, but since you posted tbe same day I heard about that, it seemed best to pass it along, since as with others we are paying full price here in NH.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll go check the date on the new battery in a bit. It’s still showing the same price as of right now. This is without a local store selected. Shipping is free to your house.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look closely at the date when you buy it. A friend just today told me DieHard or Johnson Controls sold and there is some old battery stock, like buying new and getting a 2 year old battery.
I have not verified any of this, but since you posted tbe same day I heard about that, it seemed best to pass it along, since as with others we are paying full price here in NH.

For anyone trying to get one, use your phone. I think that’s the glitch.

Date looks pretty dang good!

Laser printing Office supplies Printer Home appliance Office equipment

·
Retired Moderator
104,288 Posts
Great info..Thank you..

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Stores in my neck of the woods are regular priced.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I put a Sears Diehard in my 2004 TJ 17 years ago. I think they cost more than that then.

·
Commercial Member
8,477 Posts
I put Sears Diehards in my 2004 TJ 17 years ago. I think they cost more than that then.
Those ones were made by enersys/Odyssey. I think you could find them around$160 if you were lucky . Mine was 10+ years old. Never failed to start the Jeep.

The current ones aren't made by them anymore

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
from the NAPA website. FWIW

The AGM battery is a newer technology, but that doesn’t make it better in every situation. Each type of battery has pros and cons to consider.
A flooded battery has the advantage of being able to discharge to 80% without causing any harm to the battery. An AGM battery can only be discharged to 50% without risking a shortened lifespan. Overcharging an AGM battery can also shorten its lifespan.
An AGM battery is safer to handle since it won’t leak caustic fluids like a flooded battery, and it can have a longer lifespan. On the cons side, AGM batteries can be more expensive than traditional flooded batteries, which may put an AGM battery out of reach for people on a budget.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
from the NAPA website. FWIW

The AGM battery is a newer technology, but that doesn’t make it better in every situation. Each type of battery has pros and cons to consider.
A flooded battery has the advantage of being able to discharge to 80% without causing any harm to the battery. An AGM battery can only be discharged to 50% without risking a shortened lifespan. Overcharging an AGM battery can also shorten its lifespan.
An AGM battery is safer to handle since it won’t leak caustic fluids like a flooded battery, and it can have a longer lifespan. On the cons side, AGM batteries can be more expensive than traditional flooded batteries, which may put an AGM battery out of reach for people on a budget.
Think you may have switched agm and flooded discharge. AGM can go quite low I believe, and charges much faster.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts