Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need some help I'm thinking of Doing a diesel conversion but I'm under a tight buget can anyone gave me a few suggestions? :) thanks

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
From what I've heard, it's a spendy proposition that does not correlate well with a 'tight budget'.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was thinkin the 1.8 t from the diesel jettas
This might be a good reference for you.

HPA Motorsports Inc. - Jeep TDI Conversion Packages

Their kits are pretty expensive though... and they use the 1.9 TDI engine from the 99-06 VW's. Looks like it will work with an AX-15 transmission... Interesting read just the same. Good luck with the project.

"This unique Jeep YJ features HPA's 1.9L 4 cylinder PD Turbo Diesel conversion, enhanced with an air-to-water intercooler system and performance ECU flash to garner 165 hp and 265 ft-lbs of torque. The rebuilt Jeep AX-5 gearbox, Dana 30 and 35 axles..."

HPA Motorsports Inc. VW TDI Powered Jeep

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chop110 said:
This might be a good reference for you.

HPA Motorsports Inc. - Jeep TDI Conversion Packages

Their kits are pretty expensive though... and they use the 1.9 TDI engine from the 99-06 VW's. Looks like it will work with an AX-15 transmission... Interesting read just the same. Good luck with the project.

"This unique Jeep YJ features HPA's 1.9L 4 cylinder PD Turbo Diesel conversion, enhanced with an air-to-water intercooler system and performance ECU flash to garner 165 hp and 265 ft-lbs of torque. The rebuilt Jeep AX-5 gearbox, Dana 30 and 35 axles..."

HPA Motorsports Inc. VW TDI Powered Jeep
Thanks for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts