Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, guys, my Ba10/5 trans and nv207 T-case took a shit on me going down the interstate a while back and I was gonna fix them in due time.
:banghead:
...However, I started thinking...

The Ba10/5 and NV207 aren't that good of a drivetrain combination, anyway! Yeah, they're fine and work great, but there's so many other better solutions.

So I've got some money to spend and I'm wanting to drop something truly special into my ol' '87 YJ.

I began researching and I found this:
Jeep Wrangler Diesel Conversion

Yeah. Pretty badass, I know. :drool:

So here's what I'm thinking:

Get a "little" 3.9L Cummins 4BT mated to an NV4500 manual transmission with an NV231 T-Case.

In theory, this sounds like a pretty good setup. However, I've got to take into account all the things that can go wrong and the immediate sheer difficulty of this project.

I just need some feedback and some other possible options, transmission-wise. If anyone has any previous experience with such an operation, I would love to hear it.

Thanks, guys!:wavey:

·
Registered
115 Posts
If/when i do a conversion on mine i really do want to do a diesel configuration. whether that means on my next jeep or on this one though lol

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The 3.9L is a hell of an engine.. You'd have quite the rig when you're done though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, guys. Thanks.:thumb:

Yeah, it was just an idea I was tossing around. I'll probably fix the shit I've got and maybe drop something like the 3.9l later down the road.

I appreciate it a bunch, you guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts