Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what if any fuel additives you diesel guys are using . In my bigger Diesel trucks I use
Stanadyne fuel treatment and seems to keep those modern diesels happy .
My old Cummins and Powerstroke non emissions still add 2 stroke but with modern emissions diesels can’t go that route to add a little extra lubrication since the low sulfur fuel , I still get off highway diesel has higher sulfur content for equipment ... so they say .

·
Registered
377 Posts
Red Line

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What’s the deal with the fuel fill , any trick to put a funnel in the fuel hole won‘t open

·
Registered
2016 JK w/ Snowplow & Trailer Hitch 7-Pin
324 Posts
What’s the deal with the fuel fill , any trick to put a funnel in the fuel hole won‘t open
Look for some small plastic bits that slightly encroach in the nozzle pathway. Those latch the flpt so smaller nozzles can not be inserted easily.

Personally, I've never liked the idea of fuel additives as a matter of course. Burn ULS in an an engine built for ULS.

When dealing with fuel issues (water or other contamination), treat accordingly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
in my diesels I use Powerservice white bottle in winter- prevents gelling and kicks cetane up a couple points. Very important in colder climates, esp if you fuel up in the “sunny south” (with non winterized fuel) and then drive into the land of the frozen tundra. Did Georgia to Illinois backin 2001 for a funeral. Got into my folks at 2 am and parked my NEW 2001 F350 Powerstroke. Went out the next morning (7F), truck started and ran almost 2 miles before it died. Would start, run a few seconds and die again. Saturday before Christmas Sunday. Ford shop closed. Had it towed to a truck stop. They called me a few hours later. They’d put it in a warm garage, added Powerservice and it was fine. Guy said “run this in cold weather and you’ll never have the problem again. 20 years and 5 diesel vehicles ( and two tractors) later I still do. It just works. If I know I headed to cold climes, or the weatherman is calling for temps under 20, in goes the powerservice YMMV

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the magic plastic funnel in the jack compartment ... wow opens right up ... LOL . I allways hated buying fuel down south from a mom and pop diesel station ... if you ever seen inside one of those diesel tanks looks like a slimmy fungus farm inside those who don’t maintain there tanks .
I allways carried extra fuel filters for that reason , learned fast to only buy diesel from big chain fuel stations .
My 2021 is brand new , not sure how many miles the 3.0 will get , I hope a lot ... I got a great deal on extended warranty biggest problem modern diesels is the DEF .
Usually Government mandates all emissions 8yrs / 8k , not sure if diesels are the same I would think across the board .
I took the 8yr/100k hope I never need to use I got it pretty cheap and seems everything is going up in price .
Years from now when I’m just driving the jeep on the farm or racing it at the track I can see a DEF delete makes the diesels run way better , I’m sure some smart person will come up with that for off highway use only .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts