Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Not yet. Seen some pretty tight aftermarket/garage conversions. We can only hope that the CRD makes it's way into the Wrangler for 08 or 09 from Europe.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Have you noticed the sticker on the diesel pumps at the gas stations? "Federal Law Prohibits the introduction of this fuel into any vehicle model year 2007 or later"

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:
Have you noticed the sticker on the diesel pumps at the gas stations? "Federal Law Prohibits the introduction of this fuel into any vehicle model year 2007 or later"
really?!?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:

maybe they are in the process of changing the fuel a bit....kind of like they did with leaded to unleaded.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
khenderson said:
maybe they are in the process of changing the fuel a bit....kind of like they did with leaded to unleaded.
That is exactly what is happening... That is why the big three have to come out with all new diesel engines for their light duty trucks. And why the guys building semi tractors already did...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Diesels do get better mileage, AND you can convert them to run on grease. so when gas is at $5/gallon, I'll be plowing around in a converted 08 wrangler, stopping at burger king for fuel.:p

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love that Cummins conversion, but I'd have to say that is one instance where I would have done a body lift.
That hood is hideous. It gets the job done, sure, but damn.

The cummins has to be about the tallest engine I've ever seen. Just for reference...to put that engine into an Hummer (real, Pre-GM) you still have to do a 3" body lift to make it fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2007 Diesels have not only cats, but particulate filters in the exhaust (that need to be changed periodically).

Low Sulfur Diesel (old stuff) is 500 parts per million sulfur and cannot be used in 2007 and newer diesels.

The new fuel, Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel ("ULSD"), is 15 ppm Sulfur, and should be everywhere very soon. The old stuff will be illegal after Jan 2007 I understand.

Bob

Dare2BSquare said:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts