Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potentially stupid question, gotta change the oil in my diffs and wanna do it myself, crept I don't know how to tell if it is a limited slip or not when I get the cover off. 2007 jeep wrangler x, 2door 6 speed manual

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Jack up the rear of you Jeep on and place jack stands under the frame so that both rear wheels are off the ground. Place the transmission in neutral. Rotate one of the rear wheels by hand. If the other one turns in the same direction, you have a limited slip rear.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Gouch_07_X said:
Seems pretty simple lol what about the frot though
The same principle applies, however JK's do not have factory front LSD.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might just take Eric to the dealership and see if I can watch them do so they can show me and I know for sure next time

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Gouch_07_X said:
Might just take Eric to the dealership and see if I can watch them do so they can show me and I know for sure next time
You want to watch them take $250 for something so simple? Its easier than an oil change.

·
Banned
764 Posts
I use valvoline synthetic 85-140 as that's what JIMBOX uses. And you don't need any jacks or stands to change the diff lube. There is plenty of room to access the diffs from a creeper with the jeep setting on the ground.

·
Banned
764 Posts
I use valvoline synthetic 85-140 as that's what JIMBOX uses. And you don't need any jacks or stands to change the diff lube. There is plenty of room to access the diffs from a creeper with the jeep setting on the ground.
And this lube is good for all LS diffs and open diffs too. As is the mobil one syn gear lube. Mabe the valvoline lube is 75-140.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts