Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1994 jeep wrangler with a trac lock diff it seem to be slipping when i frist give it a little gas is there something i can add to diff to help this probiem

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I don't know much about this so someone else chime in. I believe with the trac-loc there is a clutch inside of the diff that allows for an open diff when cornering and limited slip when there isn't much tracking. After x number of miles the clutch wears out and leaves you with the equivalent of an open diff. From what I can tell it is as easy as replacing that part.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I think I read you'll average approx 60-80,000 miles on a Trac-Lok clutch...don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mileage depends on a lot of things. The track lock is indeed a clutch style posi and will eventually wear out as will all clutch style posi diffs. You can try changing the gear lube and NOT adding any friction modifyer. This will tend to make the clutches grip more. Give it a week or two to work into the clutch material and replace the old lube that was soaked in. If this does not help you can buy a clutch kit and rebuild the trac-loc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts