Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a CARB vs. NON CARB compliant catalytic converter system? I have an 06 X with 4.0.
I'm considering replacing my cat system with Magnaflow system. There are two offerings, part number 93649(non-carb compliant) and 458027 (carb compliant). Does the jeep PCM/ECM know if you are using a carb vs. non-carb system? If you live outside of CA does it matter which one you get?

Any recommendations of one catalytic system over another? Magnaflow vs. Eastern Catalytic vs. whoever??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Per: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_emission_standards

It looks like the following: States adopting the California standards include Arizona (2012 model year), Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia

Reactions: ARJEEP2006

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you do not live in a carb compliant state (see xmentalx's post) then you dont need to buy the carb compliant exhaust. but if you say lived in cali or mass or another state on that list you would need to get the carb compliant exhaust or you couldnt pass inspection

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you do not live in a carb compliant state (see xmentalx's post) then you dont need to buy the carb compliant exhaust. but if you say lived in cali or mass or another state on that list you would need to get the carb compliant exhaust or you couldnt pass inspection
Thanks all. You're backing up what I thought. The jeep doesn't know the difference, only state emission testing facility would know.
I don't live in a carb compliant state but was wanting to make sure the O2 sensors would be the same (same kind and number) no matter what exhaust system I go with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts