Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get new brakes. Having trouble understanding the difference in advantages here. What's best for our Wranglers, mostly DD.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have Autozone C-Max ceramics, I have no complaints. This past weekend they held us steady face down on an incline steep enough that we where staring at dirt for a few minutes while the driver ahead of me got her JKU out of our way. We had 4 adults in the TJ and sat on a set of 33's.

I've had to hit the brakes hard once in traffic and it stopped me pretty short... sounded like an 18 wheeler coming to an abrupt halt but there was no collision.

Other than that, no issues with brake dust, but I tend to wash her often to get the dirt off so the brake dust wouldn't have time to build up anyway.

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'm surprised I don't have more input on this. I thought there would be quite a bit of opinions.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ceramics are generally considered over metallic for low dust needs but your better stopping power will come from metallic. Ceramics will work just fine for most situation though. I use them on my cars, I go to black magic brakes for the Jeep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts