Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I build custom parts mainly for the TJ. Easiest because I have a TJ and am able to gauge and test fit the parts on my own jeep before I sell them. Recently I've been getting a lot of inquires for JK most recently front bumpers. I'm trying to figure out if there is a big difference between the mounting holes on the TJ and JK front bumpers?

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
Basically everything. Its not like the YJ/TJ where bumpers are so close they can be shared. The JK is completely different.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
there is a template on here somewhere. I used it when I drew my bumper. Try a thorough search.

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
I did a quick search and found a tutorial for front bumper removal on this site. The bumpers mount from the front....a vertical mount.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The big plastic front cover comes off, and the tow hooks bolt through the frame at the front and holds the front bumper shell on. I believe they are 18mm nuts and the whole thing comes off. I've built a ton of tj bumpers as well, but only two jk bumpers, and both of them stubbys. A lot more angles and corners to make them look good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts