Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 door JK with a soft top. I was looking for a place to mount my CB and found that I could place it on top of the sound bar without the CB hitting the soft top. I would probably still put some kind of foam on the edges just in case. I would get a CB mic holder that retracts and I would just have to pull the CB down when I needed it.

Can someone tell me if this spot would work and what the potential problems are?

·
Registered
484 Posts
When you take off the top you could have some issues and i would worry about it being stolen.. I put my cb in center console and ran all the wiring out of the cutouts of the console under my seats and carpet and mounted the mic holster next to my 4wd selection

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
If the area right below your CB is hollow, with no speakers interfering, you could possibly place your CB inside of the speaker bar, reinforcing it so that a thief couldn't get at it.
That would also take care of your problem of the CB getting in the way of your soft top.

Just an idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts