Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking into doing the Teraflex leveling kit which raises the front 2 inches and the rear 1. However I want to lift it another inch so I was thinking about getting springs to raise the front 3 inches and the rear 2 inches. I also want to get shocks, most likely Kings. However, the King shocks I'm looking at is rated for either 0-2 inches or 3-5 inches. I was thinking that I should get the shocks rated for 3-5'' for the front and the 0-2'' for the rear. But obviously I'm not an expert and barely know anything about lifts right now so should I do that or just get both 0-2'' shocks for front and rear?

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Actually you need to get better educated before you do anything. That is not an attack but something each one of us has to go thru before we really understand what we are doing and why we are doing it.

You are going to be money ahead just to install a lift kit and if you want front to rear level add a spacer. Forget King shocks, shocks only have one job and that is to control the spring. Normally the one spec'd for the lift will be your best shock. Don't get me wrong King makes great shocks but the only time I would pay for them is if I was looking at a custom valved bypass shock.

I would recommend the following kits:

Mopar Performance Parts 2" Lift + Geo Correction Brackets, don't use cam bolts. If worried about warranty this is the kit to use.

AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Jeep Wrangler JK Lift Kit + Geometry correction brackets. Maybe the best dual purpose kit.

JK Wrangler True Dual-Rate Lift Kit, 2.5"/3.5", RockSport Edition A more serious off road lift kit that can easily expanded into a full game changer while still having good road manners.

This is just my take on the issue. Others will have other opinions. It took me over a year of study and research before I settle on my lift. The one thing you much do is understand what the end state of your ride is going to be. After that everything gets a lot easier.

Reactions: vincent.nguyen747
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.