Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Yjs and I am using parts from one to build the other either directly or by parting out the parts yj. In the yj to be parted out I have an air locker in the front. I wanted stronger diffs and axles so should I keep it or should I sell them and get a better differential for the front. I was thinking of putting in ox lockers front and back? Or would it be best to keep the air system, current stock differentials and upgrade the axle shafts?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I assume you have the D30 front. I'd just go with cromo axles and keep the air locker. The D30 with good axles can handle a lot. You could always sleeve and gusset if you wanted, but not normally needed.
I really like the ARB's I have in my d44 & 8.8. I just came back from a ride with constant switch backs and lots of rocks. With a flip of the switch I could turn off the front to make the sharp turns, then flick it back on to climb the ledge. I think I sold ARB's to the guy behind me as he watched me climb with no wheel slip and at crawl speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts