Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
121 - 140 of 225 Posts
Yeah and now there's 7.5" of snow Sunday afternoon through Monday morning and I have to bury someone Monday. :jawdrop:
Maybe the storm will piddle out like the last one...

Either way, stay warm and safe! :)

Discussion starter · #125 ·
Brown Santa dropped of the 34x10.50r17 BFG KO2's today and I went and had them mounted at my favorite tire shop. I got the '12 month no financing' from DTD's Car Care One and I also got $50 off for being a Wrangler forum member. Thanks Wrangler Forum and DTD :happyyes: Love the beefy look over the stock KM and also love the white letters. I also applied for the BFG rebate. I have to go back and get the spare mounted since there wasn't enough room for 5 tires in the back :lmao:

Attachments

wow!, digger you are doing some awesome stuff to your jeep..i wanna put a lift kit but i gotta wait like 4 years damn dealer told me if i get them on i could void the warranty :( soo im just waiting maybe i just get nice rugged tires stock ...

Discussion starter · #130 ·
wow!, digger you are doing some awesome stuff to your jeep..i wanna put a lift kit but i gotta wait like 4 years damn dealer told me if i get them on i could void the warranty :( soo im just waiting maybe i just get nice rugged tires stock ...
also want to put some decals and all that on hood and around my jeep but i dont know any decent sites i can order from and are durable and last long..
Thanks. You could buy some take-off springs from an Unlimited Rubicon or Hard Rock Unlimited and that would give you some 'lift' like I did.

I had debated about taking the WILLYS sticker off and getting a vintage 'Renegade' side hood sticker on ebay but I think I'll keep the WILLYS on.

Here's the most popular site that people here have used for stickers and they also do custom work:

pixeldecals.com

I also thought about getting these flames from a Jeep CJ:

Jeep CJ TJ Renegade Hood Fire Flames Flame Striping Decals Stickers | eBay

Here's the Renegade hood decals:

Jeep Renegade Hood Side Stripes Decals Kit CJ TJ YJ | eBay

I got the knockoffs on eBay, but I agree! One of the best, easiest, cheapest mods around! :)

Discussion starter · #136 ·
I got the knockoffs on eBay, but I agree! One of the best, easiest, cheapest mods around! :)
Yeah, I saw a thread last week about them (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/reverse-light-bulbs-1167073.html) then had seen another thread where you said about getting the ones on ebay and then there was a link to your build thread on how to properly install the bulbs.

I was going to get a heavy duty rear bumper with built-in lights but don't need to now. In fact I'm planning on getting the Barricade Trail Force HD bumper without the tire carrier and I also want to get the Barricade roof rack. I pm'ed XTRyan for quotes so I should be ordering them this week. I don't plan on using the roof rack but just like the way it looks. But I want to bolt it into the frame instead of drilling into the body and the Barricade bumper doesn't wrap around the side. In fact in the pics for the roof rack on extreme terrain's site, the JK used as an example has the same bumper on it. I'm pretty pumped to get them installed.

Barricade Trail Force HD Wrangler Rear Bumper J100291 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

Barricade Wrangler Roof Rack - Textured Black J100174 (07-15 Wrangler JK 2 Door) - Free Shipping

Love the build man! Nothing over the top, just the right amount of touches. The red looks killer with the black touches you added. How have you found your ride compared to stock before switching your coils and have you flexed at all? Has it given you a noticeable amount of wheel travel?
If switching coil springs only, gives me my 33s without having to worry about changing anything else, and gives me decent wheel travel, I'm super sold.

Thanks for the thread!

(I envy all of you for your free US shipping. And all of the cool Amazon stuff doesn't ship to Canada and isn't on the .ca) :rant: :hide: haha

Discussion starter · #138 ·
Love the build man! Nothing over the top, just the right amount of touches. The red looks killer with the black touches you added. How have you found your ride compared to stock before switching your coils and have you flexed at all? Has it given you a noticeable amount of wheel travel?
If switching coil springs only, gives me my 33s without having to worry about changing anything else, and gives me decent wheel travel, I'm super sold.

Thanks for the thread!

(I envy all of you for your free US shipping. And all of the cool Amazon stuff doesn't ship to Canada and isn't on the .ca) :rant: :hide: haha
Thanks, I'm really not sure if the ride has improved or not. All the local roads here are pretty bumpy and this is the first 2 door I've ever owned so the ride seems more stiff. I'm actually not into the whole 'flexing' or offroading, I did that stuff in my younger days and now I'm more concerned with owning my dream vehicle and making it last, and putting whatever mods on it so it looks cool to me. I think if you could get the 18/60, 19/60 or Hard Rock springs then you'd have no problem putting 33" or probably 35".

Thanks, I'm really not sure if the ride has improved or not. All the local roads here are pretty bumpy and this is the first 2 door I've ever owned so the ride seems more stiff. I'm actually not into the whole 'flexing' or offroading, I did that stuff in my younger days and now I'm more concerned with owning my dream vehicle and making it last, and putting whatever mods on it so it looks cool to me. I think if you could get the 18/60, 19/60 or Hard Rock springs then you'd have no problem putting 33" or probably 35".
Yeah I guess shocks may have more to do with improved road driving more than the coils. That's fair, but no rubbing?

Very impressed with your build.

Discussion starter · #140 ·
Yeah I guess shocks may have more to do with improved road driving more than the coils. That's fair, but no rubbing?

Very impressed with your build.
Thanks. Nope, no rubbing. My tires are only a half inch wider than stock and I have 1.5" backspacing. I do have the same shocks as on the Rubicon but I never drove a Sport or Sahara so I'm not sure how the ride compares.

121 - 140 of 225 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.